Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first become a Steeler fan?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Grew up outside of Cleveland but my mom was from Erie, PA. She was a Steeler fan and my dad was a Browns fan. They were divorced and I lived with my mom so I just grew up a Steeler fan and never thought twice about it. Prob. my mom's one way to get a barb back at dad, lol!! I think every holiday dinner picture has me wearing a tattered 32, 58, or 12. Now I've gotten my dad to follow the black n gold.

I remember going to see Terry Bradshaw for my 16th birthday in Akron while he was doing a speaking tour. This was before he got into broadcasting. It was hilarious, he talked a lot about what went on in the huddle and other behind the scene stuff. That was a good time.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Is it like this in Spain? (Never Been to Spain) ...

[url]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308591_370062959780658_998171384_n.jpg[/url]
    Sorry, I don´t what do yo mean. Topless? It´s very,very normal here. Fat people? Very normal too...
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

A preseason game that my Dad and Grandfather took me to in early 70s. Been life long fan every since.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    A preseason game that my Dad and Grandfather took me to in early 70s. Been life long fan every since.
    A question if does not bother you: Why your nickname is Oviedo?
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    A question if does not bother you: Why your nickname is Oviedo?
    City in Florida I live in. Named after the city on northern Spain.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry, I don´t what do yo mean. Topless? It´s very,very normal here. Fat people? Very normal too...
    Women can't go topless in the US. It would be considered obscene based on our customs. However men can go topless and half of Americans are overweight. And the point is many men have boobs as big if not bigger than many women. Yet it's not obscene for them to go topless.

So Dukie's saying if I have to look at fat man boobs at the beach, why not let me see some girl boobs too?

We're so weird in the US, people will get up in arms over a woman breast feeding in public. People in the US are too uptight. We were a country founded on religious freedom and the separation of church and state, but we love to shove our religion down everyone's throat. We're a weird country in that sense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just thought the picture added some humor to a trend this thread has taken. The ample people in the cartoon seem suspiciously American to me.

"Never Been to Spain" is a great song, by the way. I'd love to visit your beautiful country one day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Women can't go topless in the US. It would be considered obscene based on our customs. However men can go topless and half of Americans are overweight. And the point is many men have boobs as big if not bigger than many women. Yet it's not obscene for them to go topless.

So Dukie's saying if I have to look at fat man boobs at the beach, why not let me see some girl boobs too?

We're so weird in the US, people will get up in arms over a woman breast feeding in public. People in the US are too uptight. We were a country founded on religious freedom and the separation of church and state, but we love to shove our religion down everyone's throat. We're a weird country in that sense.
    Well stated, Flip.

The plus-size neighbor guy where I grew up used to mow his lawn topless. It was a seriously traumatic experience to see that. His daughters looked great sunning in their 2-pieces. I used to hope for some role reversal among him and his daughters. It never happened. Now I'm older than he was back then. I wear a full set of clothes when I mow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well stated, Flip.

The plus-size neighbor guy where I grew up used to mow his lawn topless. It was a seriously traumatic experience to see that. His daughters looked great sunning in their 2-pieces. I used to hope for some role reversal among him and his daughters. It never happened. Now I'm older than he was back then. I wear a full set of clothes when I mow.
    I mow fully clothed too. For the neighborhood's sake

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well stated, Flip.

He wouldn't have looked much better in one of those 2-pieces, though.