Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first become a Steeler fan?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My parents have been Steelers Fans since the 70s I guess? I never really paid any attention to football, but I can remember watching SB XXX. That is my earliest Steelers memory. I really fell in love with football my Freshman year of high school when I started playing. That would have been 1998.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

December 23, 1972.

And if you have to ask what happened on that day then the validity of your Steeler fan card may need to be invalidated.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    December 23, 1972.

And if you have to ask what happened on that day then the validity of your Steeler fan card may need to be invalidated.
    Aint THAT the truth.
    I will never forget what happenned that day. Very sad:

The 1972 Nicaragua earthquake was an earthquake that occurred at 12:29 a.m. local time (06:29 UTC) on Saturday, December 23, 1972 near Managua, the capital of Nicaragua.

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Nicaragua_earthquake[/URL]

I dont get how that would move someone to become a Steeler fan but we all respond to far away tragedies in different ways.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I grew up in the suburbs of Toronto (Ontario Canada) and didn`t really watch too much NFL Football until I was in high school. The Steelers were on National TV a lot at that time and I loved the personality of those teams (especially Lloyd and Cowher). In pretty much all sports, I've always loved teams that play good D...it makes it hard to follow the local teams up here since our D blows in pretty much everything.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Aint THAT the truth.
    I will never forget what happenned that day. Very sad:

The 1972 Nicaragua earthquake was an earthquake that occurred at 12:29 a.m. local time (06:29 UTC) on Saturday, December 23, 1972 near Managua, the capital of Nicaragua.

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_Nicaragua_earthquake[/URL]

I dont get how that would move someone to become a Steeler fan but we all respond to far away tragedies in different ways.
    It was the day after Australian kid's TV show Adventure Island aired it's last episode. People were looking for something new to do that day. We coulda worried about the earthquake or the Norwegian flight crash that killed 40 that day. Thank god for the Franco diversion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It was the day after Australian kid's TV show Adventure Island aired it's last episode. People were looking for something new to do that day. We coulda worried about the earthquake or the Norwegian flight crash that killed 40 that day. Thank god for the Franco diversion.

Yes, I knew about the Adventure Island cancellation (true I've never seen it but being a kid myself I kept up with how children shows around the globe were faring)
    But what is this "Franco diversion" you speak of?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Starter

User Info Menu

The next day after Superbowl 43, I went and bought a #7 jersey.. Then I became a fan

I kid.. it was actually the 3rd game of the 2008 season that i fell in love with BB and WARD..
    One of my closest friends whom i've know for 30 years got me to watch games.. The rest history..
    Last edited by LordVile; 05-09-2013 at 01:01 AM.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Yes, I knew about the Adventure Island cancellation (true I've never seen it but being a kid myself I kept up with how children shows around the globe were faring)
    But what is this "Franco diversion" you speak of?
    I hear it's the modern day equivalent of celebrating winning the AFCN. I'm more into Lombardis personally.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

October 10, 1964. Saturday night game in Cleveland. John Henry Johnson, outgains Jim Brown in rushing yards 200 to 59, and also scored three touchdowns. Steelers win 23-7. That sealed the deal for me. Those Saturday night games in the old Cleveland Mausoleum were great hard-fought games. They played those Saturday night games for 8 seasons from 1963. I remember seeing them on TV. Hard-core Steeler fan ever since.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

1975 - I was in first grade. Even though I live in eastern Washington state. We had some new neighbors move from western Pennsylvania and they got on the school bus all wearing Steelers gear. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. So I started to follow them, and what good timing! Been a die-hard ever since that first day. I still have my old Franco jersey replica - the ones you used to get from the JcPenney catalog hanging on my garage wall.