Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone whining about Starks

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    honestly, I'm not overly concerned about my LT run blocking.

that's not what he's paid for.
    Exactly. Max did a solid job of keeping Ben upright...which is a hell of an accomplishment given Ben's tendency to hold on to the ball.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

honestly, I'm not overly concerned about my LT run blocking.

that's not what he's paid for.
    Its hilarious how used crappy play we've become on this o-line, when Max Starks is getting so much praise. He ranks about 15th out of 32 starters in the league.

While your LT isn't going to be the best run blocker, he should at least be good at pass blocking. Max is slightly mediocre at best. Not losing sleep over his loss.

Especially when no one else wants him.

Backup

User Info Menu

15 out of 32 puts him slightly above average. I can certainly handle that given what he has signed for the last two years. Lots of tackles rated below him that are getting alot bigger money than he was.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

where is he being overly praised? People are merely saying he has performed reasonably well, and for the last 2 years, well above the size checks he was cashing.

get off your soapbox.

Legend

User Info Menu

This team needs character in the lockerroom and Max is one of the nicest guys on the team. Why not have him as a backup or starter if other guys arent ready?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This team needs character in the lockerroom and Max is one of the nicest guys on the team. Why not have him as a backup or starter if other guys arent ready?
    Not to mention that Ben and him are good friends and Ben trusts him, that's big right there.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

where is he being overly praised? People are merely saying he has performed reasonably well, and for the last 2 years, well above the size checks he was cashing.

get off your soapbox.

Agreed.. no one is saying max belongs in the PRO BOWL. merely, that he is serviceable in case Gilbert cannot get the job done and is inexpensive..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

get off your soapbox.
    I get the sense too, because you have to admit that people are making him out to be something of a priority.

He's not. Nobody is interested in the guy, which is why he's always available come training camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

I simply don't understand why the team won't get Max signed to a 2-3 year deal and plan on keeping him as a backup.

Is he a great starter? NO
    Is he a great plan B? Well, pretty sure he started all 3 super bowls this bunch has played in...

And he's certainly better than the scrub they just signed...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I simply don't understand why the team won't get Max signed to a 2-3 year deal and plan on keeping him as a backup.

Is he a great starter? NO
    Is he a great plan B? Well, pretty sure he started all 3 super bowls this bunch has played in...

And he's certainly better than the scrub they just signed...
    Starks probably has no interest in signing a deal as a backup.

He can probably see the writing on the wall, but the only way I could have seen interest from his side was if the Steelers declared it a competition at LT.