Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Everyone whining about Starks

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    honestly, I'm not overly concerned about my LT run blocking.

    that's not what he's paid for.
    Exactly. Max did a solid job of keeping Ben upright...which is a hell of an accomplishment given Ben's tendency to hold on to the ball.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    honestly, I'm not overly concerned about my LT run blocking.

    that's not what he's paid for.
    Its hilarious how used crappy play we've become on this o-line, when Max Starks is getting so much praise. He ranks about 15th out of 32 starters in the league.

    While your LT isn't going to be the best run blocker, he should at least be good at pass blocking. Max is slightly mediocre at best. Not losing sleep over his loss.

    Especially when no one else wants him.

  3. #13
    15 out of 32 puts him slightly above average. I can certainly handle that given what he has signed for the last two years. Lots of tackles rated below him that are getting alot bigger money than he was.

  4. #14
    where is he being overly praised? People are merely saying he has performed reasonably well, and for the last 2 years, well above the size checks he was cashing.

    get off your soapbox.

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,457
    This team needs character in the lockerroom and Max is one of the nicest guys on the team. Why not have him as a backup or starter if other guys arent ready?

  6. #16
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,332
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This team needs character in the lockerroom and Max is one of the nicest guys on the team. Why not have him as a backup or starter if other guys arent ready?
    Not to mention that Ben and him are good friends and Ben trusts him, that's big right there.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  7. #17
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    where is he being overly praised? People are merely saying he has performed reasonably well, and for the last 2 years, well above the size checks he was cashing.

    get off your soapbox.

    Agreed.. no one is saying max belongs in the PRO BOWL. merely, that he is serviceable in case Gilbert cannot get the job done and is inexpensive..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    where is he being overly praised? People are merely saying he has performed reasonably well, and for the last 2 years, well above the size checks he was cashing.

    get off your soapbox.
    I get the sense too, because you have to admit that people are making him out to be something of a priority.

    He's not. Nobody is interested in the guy, which is why he's always available come training camp.

  9. #19
    I simply don't understand why the team won't get Max signed to a 2-3 year deal and plan on keeping him as a backup.

    Is he a great starter? NO
    Is he a great plan B? Well, pretty sure he started all 3 super bowls this bunch has played in...

    And he's certainly better than the scrub they just signed...

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I simply don't understand why the team won't get Max signed to a 2-3 year deal and plan on keeping him as a backup.

    Is he a great starter? NO
    Is he a great plan B? Well, pretty sure he started all 3 super bowls this bunch has played in...

    And he's certainly better than the scrub they just signed...
    Starks probably has no interest in signing a deal as a backup.

    He can probably see the writing on the wall, but the only way I could have seen interest from his side was if the Steelers declared it a competition at LT.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •