Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
Look, I'm an old lineman by trade. Zone blocking is nothing more than coming off your first block in front of you and going to your next man in your zone. (LB) It's quite simple and its taught from pee wee on up. Anyone can do it. In man, when you have good quick athletic Guards, Center you gotta get to your block by pulling and you either you can do it or you you can't. It's tough to explain all this on here via the internet, but I've read this crap about it being different for many years now- like when we had Zierlein at OL coach. Remember him? At the time ppl were saying that he was implementing a ZBS and it essentially was the same they did for years. A mixture of both man and zone.. Nothing new. And 2013 will be the same. A lot of this stuff about it being 'new' comes from the media and those that write this stuff who have never EVER played a down of organized football.. Then all the readers think hey it must be 'new' because that reporter says it is....

Personally, I moved to OT from OG because my feet weren't quick enough to get to the hole fast enough.. I always had the FB hitting me in the back before the RB could hit the hole.. I moved to OT where I excelled. Same thing no matter the league.. They will still run all of those plays just like they did last year. Zone blocking is a hell of a lot easier to do. And even Starks can do it... lol

As far as Starks- he'll play somewhere.. Why sign now? Heck, he might even wait until camp starts.. Why go through that if he doesn't have to? A lot of the vets seem to like avoiding camp.. He's got the big bucks from all the other contracts... Hell, he's in a good place....
From one lineman to another, that was said perfectly. I clearly understood what you meant. What position did you play? I played left guard all 4 years of high school.