Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: Bob Labriola: Guy Whimper probably close the door to Starks.

  1. #51
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,462
    Wonder if the Chargers will pay him as a starter?



  2. #52
    Backup SteelSpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Spain, but in Pittsburgh mentally
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Wonder if the Chargers will pay him as a starter?

    Probably yes. Were not the chargers desperate for a tackle?

    BTW Very good sign. I like it.

    You know what's even sadder?

    I am a poet and for me spring does not exist

  3. #53
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,156
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

    Whimper's days of upside are over. They must like his veteranship at a key position. Like an old LHed pitcher in baseball.

    my guess is the new OL coach recommended him from his days with the NYG. see: Kugler-JScott

    https://twitter.com/jimwexell

  4. #54
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,958
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

    Whimper's days of upside are over. They must like his veteranship at a key position. Like an old LHed pitcher in baseball.

    my guess is the new OL coach recommended him from his days with the NYG. see: Kugler-JScott

    https://twitter.com/jimwexell
    If that is the only reason for this signing, then that is pathetic. What about Max's veteranship? The guy has been the only OL that could be counted on all season long. The more you consider this situation the more you have to believe there is something else to this story. Pass pro has to be the No. 1 skill the LT has. If he can also run block, that's an added benefit but not necessarily required.

    But then again, maybe the Steelers are on to something here?.... with all these teams loading up with pass rush specialists, maybe it is time for the sea-change to a power run game again? maybe it's time to bring in run blocking OL?.. .. hmmmm.... what did 'Bama do to neutralize Jones? they ran right at him with their behemoth blockers.....

  5. #55
    Maybe Max isn't a leader...

  6. #56
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,179
    Max > Gilbert

    If it's Gilbert at LT, based at least on his NFL performance to day, They ought not but "Look Out Ben" on the back of his jersey.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL






  7. #57
    Backup SteelSpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Spain, but in Pittsburgh mentally
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Max > Gilbert

    If it's Gilbert at LT, based at least on his NFL performance to day, They ought not but "Look Out Ben" on the back of his jersey.
    I'm a little scared with that vision. Adams does not provide much guarantee there either. I hope I'm wrong and at least one of the two prove to be a great LT.

    You know what's even sadder?

    I am a poet and for me spring does not exist

  8. #58
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,179
    Adams should play RT where is excelled in run blocking and alongside Decastro could be a force. And his pass-blocking was about one standard deviation above a pylon, so at least Ben has a chance to see one coming from his right side.

    The LT scares me, too. Injury and turnovers waiting to happen off of Ben's blind side. The'll need the TE alongside Gilbert on the left side to help out, with the warning to not get fallen upon.
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL






  9. #59
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,379
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Adams should play RT where is excelled in run blocking and alongside Decastro could be a force. And his pass-blocking was about one standard deviation above a pylon, so at least Ben has a chance to see one coming from his right side.

    The LT scares me, too. Injury and turnovers waiting to happen off of Ben's blind side. The'll need the TE alongside Gilbert on the left side to help out, with the warning to not get fallen upon.
    Might as well give Foster a shot at LT while we're at it. He's played well everywhere we've thrown him. I think he's built to play RT, but then I thought Adams was an undeniable beast at RT. Foster has the size to play T. I'm sure in Haley's quick strike offense, Ben doesn't want to have to throw over top of a 6'7" G.

    Foster doesn't have the feet to play LT, but I have a feeling out of all the option, he'd probably be the guy to be the most servicable post Max.

  10. #60
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster doesn't have the feet to play LT, but I have a feeling out of all the option, he'd probably be the guy to be the most servicable post Max.
    I've said that too. Well, maybe not Foster, but if Pouncey is supposed to be as great an athlete as they say... he should be able to step in and be a serviceable alternative. (Recall Faneca a decade ago, doing the same thing. Heck, Bruce Matthews made the move long-term.)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •