Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I am Cautiously Optimstic About The Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I think Wheaton is really similar to AB, but has the threat of a vertical contested deep bomb, albeit not wallace esque total burner.
    there may only be 2 of those in the entire league... Torrey Smith is the only guy that I've seen do what Wallace does on the deep ball... you throw it, he's even and suddenly, there's a 2 yard gap between him and the DB... that extra gear is AMAZING. Randy Moss used to have it. it's just simply faster than anyone else on the field - Ben was the only one that figured, "it's almost impossible to overthrow him". I wish Batch and Leftwich had in their games last year - they woulda made the playoffs...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    wow dude, I was planning on having a great day today until I saw this!!
    Still have a Great Day...We could of just drafted 1 future Hall of Famer (J Jones) an All Pro RB (Bell) 1-2 solid starters and a key backup. You never know...that is what is so great with the draft!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    #3 S Spense---Will probably never play football again after being hurt in a pre-season game when he should of been out (4th quarter) Was looking solid until the injury.

shoulda been out?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    shoulda been out?
    yep, cuz, that's what you do with rooks who need experience.......

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO that should be the reaction after any draft not conducted by Cleveland or Buffalo.

As much as we think we know, the front office really gets to know these young players. They get to work them out into their systems. They sit down and talk one-on-one with them. We watch TV on Saturday. On top of that, they watch their own current players up close every day. They know exactly who they have on their team.

While all teams do make mistakes, they make decision with far more information than we have. So while we might question why Bell over Lacy, Thomas or Wheaton over other players at their positions, why Jones instead of Eifert? They have far more answers to these questions than we might know.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    shoulda been out?
    It was the 4th quarter, game decided and an exhibition game. I believe it was game 4. I always err on caution...this is football not tee ball...I thought take Spence out and other guys who have proven themselves, it was garbage time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was the 4th quarter, game decided and an exhibition game. I believe it was game 4. I always err on caution...this is football not tee ball...I thought take Spence out and other guys who have proven themselves, it was garbage time.
    Yeah, but he was a rook. Somebody has to play then and it should probably be the guy they wanted as their future signal caller.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed! Spence didn't have anything to prove, as far as making the team, at that point. IMO the 4th quarter of the last pre season game should be reserved for players still out there trying to make the team.