Thread: Using Jarvis Jones

Starter

User Info Menu

Using Jarvis Jones

Great article about how Jones was used at Georgia and how his effectiveness will translate to the Steelers:

[URL]http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/5/2/4290296/jarvis-jones-linebacker-pittsburgh-steelers-georgia[/URL]

Too long to post entire article but it's def a worthwhile read...

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Jarvis Jones holds no grudge against NFL teams which passed on him

By SteelCityRoller on May 5 2013
    USA TODAY Sports

Sometimes, players who are expected to go in the first ten picks of the draft take it personally when they fall to a later team. Jones doesn't see it that way. He's right where he wants to be.

Entering the 2013 NFL Draft, many people felt Jarvis Jones was a perfect fit for the Pittsburgh Steelers; but few expected him to still be available when the Steelers made the 17th selection.

In a somewhat surprising turn of events, Jones was available when Pittsburgh went on the clock. The Steelers were more than happy to announce the selection. Now, Jones is more than happy to be a Steeler, but does he hold a grudge against the other teams which picked before Pittsburgh, but passed him over?

"I’m glad I slipped. At the end of the day, those guys are picking early for a reason. I landed right where I wanted to be. I don’t think anything of it. This team chose me for a reason, because they wanted me to be here, and I fully accept that. Those teams passed on me for a reason. They didn’t want me to be there, so I fully accept that. I’m just going to continue to get better, do everything my coaches ask me to do and just love being a Pittsburgh Steeler."

Jones comments exemplify the very reason the Steelers held him so highly on their draft board. He gets it.

Players want to go as high as possible, because the higher the draft selection, the fatter the contract. Jones views the opportunity to play for a perennial contender as a better incentive than making more money. He carries a humble attitude, already assimilating to the team concept.

As a team attempts to rebuild a reportedly fractured locker room, finding replacements with a team-first mentality is the proper path, and drafting Jones was a very good first step.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/5/5/4302720/steelers-jarvis-jones-holds-no-grudge-against-nfl-teams-which-passed[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nice read, can't wait to see Jones play at the professional level!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa