Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Class Nicknames

Legend

User Info Menu

Draft Class Nicknames

Anyone know the nick names of the draft class? Here's what I could find.

1. Jarvis - Sacman - not sure I like it
    2. Bell - Chocolate Diamond - Did he leave a surprise in someone's closet? - this one's official but I don't like it. how bout shortening it to CDeez
    3. Wheaton - He reminds me of the breakfast of champions, but couldn't find anything
    4. Shmarko - Shark - makes sense
    4. Landry - Doc Holliday - We're gonna see tshirts saying fear the stache - not sure i like this one
    5. Hawthorne - Swooshy cause of 22 Nike symbols
    6. Brown - JB
    6. V Williams - Bug as in VW Bug
    7. N Williams - Samford and Son

I need simple ways to refer to these guys. And I'm not typing out Chocolate Diamond.

Backup

User Info Menu

"Bell" seems pretty simple

Legend

User Info Menu

Jarvis: Meathead (he asked for it with the Subway food statue).

Bell: Rung (he plows through the hole, and defenders get their bell rung trying to stop him).

Wheaton: Crusher (I'm not a big Star Trek guy, but I watch the Big Bang Theory, and therefore know from the bowling episode that Wil Wheaton's character name on Star Trek was Wesley Crusher. It's better than referencing Wheaton's character in Stand By Me who pulled a bloody leech from his underwear).

Shark's good for Shamarko.

Landry: Fedora (he was named after Tom Landry, after all. Or if folks still carry an anti-Dallas grudge, we can just rename him Noll Jones).

Hawthorne: Sweet (after the hotel chain Hawthorne Suites).

Okay, that's probably enough.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just don't call Jarvis Jones Ziggy, but I do see a very slight resemblace.

[url]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/67/670149.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I had no idea Will Wheaton was on star trek. I met him once. Really cool guy. Super big nerd. He looked the same as he did as a kid in Stand By Me but with a beard.

I also had some beer with the original meat head Jared from Subway. I stayed at a hotel one time in DC while they had their national Subway convention. There were like a million franchise owners at the Gaylord. And I went to have dinner with a couple co workers at one of the pubs and I had no idea I was sitting next to Jared. It was kinda funny that everyone from Subway was almost afraid of him and treated him like a celeb. He wasnt so nice to people from what I remember, but he was friendly to us because we didn't work for Subway.

Good memories.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Just don't call Jarvis Jones Ziggy, but I do see a very slight resemblace.

[URL]http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/67/670149.jpg[/URL]
    To which Ziggy?

I'd say he resembles Ziggy Marley the most.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would say your correct, but I thought a slight resemblance to Hood too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    To which Ziggy?

He fits right in with the Melody Makers. Although his Subway replica looks more like Ziggy the cartoon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Because it was a former job of his, Wheaton will be Chuck E Cheese for me until he earns something else... the interview was just funny to me...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Starter

User Info Menu

Landry Jones makes me think of Tom Landry and Jerry Jones so I'll just refer to him as Tom & Jerry.