Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft Class Nicknames

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Jarvis Jones- Some will call him Meathead. Others Saccman. But not Chadman. No, you see- in a desperate attempt to move away from the current influx of Ziggy's into the NFL of late, the Steelers will nickname Jarvis Jones "ZAGGY" as a complete contrast. It's the Steelers way.

Jarvis "Zaggy" Jones

2. LeVeon Bell- Chocolate Diamond sounds like it should be found in the "Wallace hates gays" thread. No, this one is even easier than Zaggy. Bell's nickname is Clara. As in Clarabelle the Cow. as in Cow Bell. Geez- does Chadman have to explain everything??

LeVeon "Clara" Bell

3. Marcus Wheaton- Pretty sure you guys aren't going to get this, but in Australia we have a biscuit company called Arnott's that make Chocolate Wheaten's, which are delicious, and chocolatey & good. So Marcus Wheaton is Arnotts.

Marcus "Arnotts" Wheaton

4. Shamarko Thomas- ok, Shark works..

Shamarko "Shark" Thomas

4b. Landry Jones- Chadman google imaged "L J" in order to come up with something halfway entertaining & found (amongst several pictures of real estate agents) a girl with her boobs out. That made Chadman think that Landry Jones was married. To a woman. Who also has boobs. So his nickname, obviously, is Booby.

Landry "Booby" Jones

5. Terry Hawthorne- Swooshy it is.

Terry "Swooshy" Hawthorne.

6. Justin Brown- Oklahoma WR that transferred from Penn St. This one's easy..

Justin "Judas" Brown

6b. Vince Williams- Williams' number in college was 11. As this messege board is populated with Bingo players, it's obvious Vince Williams' nickname is Legs.... as in Legs 11..

Vince "Legs" Williams

7. Nicholas Williams- It's a little known fact that Coach Mitchell is, in fact, Nick Williams' father. Now- it'd be easy to just call him "Baby Mitch", but Chadman pictures Coach Mitch offering out his hand to Nick with the time old classic "Nick...I am your father" (a la Darth Vader... no colour jokes included) & Nick obviously replying with a long, whiny "nooooo"...

Nicholas "Skywalker" Williams.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I had no idea Will Wheaton was on star trek. I met him once. Really cool guy. Super big nerd. He looked the same as he did as a kid in Stand By Me but with a beard.

I also had some beer with the original meat head Jared from Subway. I stayed at a hotel one time in DC while they had their national Subway convention. There were like a million franchise owners at the Gaylord. And I went to have dinner with a couple co workers at one of the pubs and I had no idea I was sitting next to Jared. It was kinda funny that everyone from Subway was almost afraid of him and treated him like a celeb. He wasnt so nice to people from what I remember, but he was friendly to us because we didn't work for Subway.

Good memories.
    Flip, did you go there with the intention to crash the Subway convention ???

Legend

User Info Menu

These are getting better. I'll try to get as many 'eee' sounds at the end of everyones nick a la Timmy, Wally, Benji, Sandy, AB, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Flip, did you go there with the intention to crash the Subway convention ???
    Complete accident. I got in the elevator with 20 marketing people from Subway that were all jazzed up about Subway. And then I was telling someone about it and they were like, we know we're from Subway too. THese GayLord hotels are huge so I'm assuming there were 10,000+ Subway people there. It was ridiculous.

I have the weirdest run ins with people when I travel. Like another time last year I was in Toronto and I was on an elevator in my hotel with 5 models and the CEO of American Apparel. They were having a company meeting that night at this hotel and after dinner when I came back it was like a hot chick zoo in this place. Looking back, I should have gotten in the t-shirt business.

Legend

User Info Menu

LeVeon "Ring Your" Bell
    Jarvis "Carve em up" Jones

The rest gotta earn their nicknames

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought Hawthorne's was the "Black Cat".
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think you have to stay with Sacman for Jarvis Jones.

For LeVeon Bell, he's big, fast, and went to school in Michigan, which gives me that new car smell. I kinda just want to call him "Buick".

Markus Wheaton went to Oregon State and their nickname, like my high school, was the Beavers. I just remember my coach giving the fatherly advice on rainy games/practices...."There's nothing like a wet beaver...." But I couldn't work that into a nickname, so I'm going with simply "Munro". As in Burt Munro, the Kiwi who in the 30s set and still holds land speed records for a motorcycle under 1000cc. He frequently gave "Offerings to the God of Speed". Plus I saw the actual bike in Invercargill.

Shark is a no-brainer.

Landry Jones. I was thinking "hey you", or "rather later than Sooner" since he went to Oklahoma and we need Ben healthy.
    Last edited by thor75; 05-01-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As soon as I learned that the Steelers drafted Le'Veon Bell, it immediately reminded me of the Levian Diamond---a girl's best friend

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

As long as none of them are called "Bust", I'm good....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

1. Jarvis Jones- J-squared or Double J

2. LeVeon Bell- Liberty

3. Marcus Wheaton - Rattler (He's from Arizona and he'll sting ya)

4. Shamarko Thomas - Lights out (big hitter)

4b. Landry Jones - Noll (He was named after Tom Landry and we can't have that in Pittsburgh)

5. Terry Hawthorne - Scarlet (Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote The Scarlet Letter)

6. Justin Brown - B2B (Ben to Brown)

6b. Vince Williams - Kenworth (He hits like a truck)

7. Nicholas Williams - Bulldog (Samford College's nickname)

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount