2013 MNF Executive Champion!
2017 Mock (Revised)
1. Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA
2. Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
3. Jake Butt, TE Michigan
DROY voters love to vote for linebackers since they can rack up both sack numbers and tackle numbers (9 out of the last 10 NFL DROY's have been LB's...Suh being the lone exception).
After Roethlisberger became the first QB to win OROY since 1970, now QB's have won 5 out of the last 7 years. However, there does not appear to be an immediate rookie starter this year at QB, so it would have to go to a WR or RB (TE and OL have never won). With no RB's taken in round 1, of the round 2 RB's taken, Bell has the best chance of being a bellcow back (Bernard will split time with Green-Ellis, Ball will split time with McGahee/Moreno/Hillman, and Lacy will split time with fellow rookie RB Jonathan Franklin). None of the rookie WR's are out-of-the-box superstars like Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, or Julio Jones, although Tavon Austin could be a threat because his abilities to catch, run, and return.
1. CB Sidney Jones, Washington 6'0" 181
2. FS Budda Baker, Washington 5'10" 192
3. OLB Tyus Bowser, Houston 6'2" 244
4. ILB Connor Harris, Lindenwood 5'11 241
5. RB James Conner, Pittsburgh 6'2" 240
5c. TE Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas 6'5" 256
6. QB Chad Kelly, Mississippi 6'2" 224
7. WR Demore'ea Stringfellow, Mississippi 6'2" 212
7c. DE Collin Bevins, Northwest Missouri State 6'5" 286
2015 MNF Executive Champion!
- Charles Harris-OLB, Missouri
- Rasul Douglas-CB, West Virginia
- Chris Godwin-WR, Penn State
- John Johnson-S, Boston College
- James Conner-RB, Pitt
- Nazair Jones-DT, North Carolina
- Garrett Sickels, DE/OLB, Penn State
How everyone changes their tune.
"Jones will be a Day 1 starter!"
Steelers draft him and all the Jones luvers now want to give him 1 or 2 years to get his feet under him. D.A.M. No confidence in him anymore? He played in NFL Southeast. We cut the great James Harrison and the thought of Worilds replacing him made some vomit. The Steelers draft our savior Jarvis Jones but somewhere in between all of that Worilds found a Superman tee shirt? And Here I am, a Jones doubter predraft getting him on the field year 1. How the spines curve when the pressure really hits.
If Jarvis Jones is Da Man...He should log starts or be splitting time this year that won't be because of Worilds getting injured. If the gap remains that large between them where he doesn't take LB snaps...The Steelers were wrong on one of them.