Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones: Is he more Von Miller or Bruce Irvin?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones: Is he more Von Miller or Bruce Irvin?

I've heard some prognosticators compare Jarvis Jones to both Von Miller and Bruce Irvin.

Bruce Irvin played in pass rushing situations for the Seahawks as a rookie and posted 8 sacks. So which is it? Is Jones more Von Miller or Bruce Irvin?

Legend

User Info Menu

Irvin right now. Miller is a more complete LB.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I've heard some people say Von Miller or Ware the way they get a jump on the snap. I've heard others say he looks more like Clay Matthews which isn't bad either. Then I heard someone on NFLN comparing him to Chris Clemons whos a DE in Seattle.

I'm not sure who he compares to. He also reminds me of James the way he goes after the ball. He's a little different than everyone. I think he'll be unique. Some guys are a lot stronger, play with better leverage, have more of a burst, etc.

I think the thing that will set Jarvis apart is being relentless and opportunistic. He seems to play smart. And I think he'll have to leverage that in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

A more pertinent question might be, "Is he more James Harrison or Chris Carter?"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I compare him to Jarvis Jones, the one we seen play at Georgia is the one we want to see play on Sunday's.

Legend

User Info Menu

let's just hope he's not like Bruce Davis...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's Jarvis.

He lacks the top end Speed Miller had, Miller had a bit more production in college however, they played in different conferences.

My personal view.

He isn't a Von Miller Clone, IMO they both show a good edge rush, however....

Von Miller is more the Athlete, Jarvis is more a high motor guy/ beat you by reading the blocking shemes.

Jarvis, if anyone reminds me of James.
    Last edited by Dupree; 04-30-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no idea who to compare him to, but when I watch his highlights he never gives up on a play, even when he's blocked initially and that is a good thing. Giving 110% on every play doesn't take any talent, so when you combine that with talent (which Jones has) it should be an awesome combination and the Steelers' good fortune.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can he just be Jarvis Jones? His own self? Comparisons are for the draft process...now he's Jarvis Jones. How he plays and pans out is what really makes him well...him.

I just hope he pans out to be the elite star version of himself! GO STEELERS!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    let's just hope he's not like Bruce Davis...

or alonzo...........