Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Half of our country is obese. Gluttony is a sin. Being fat is a choice. Where are all the church folk calling out fatties as sinners? It's in the bible.
    Well, that doesn't make sense...

Being fat isn't a choice. But being gay totally is.

Right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    You'd have to agree with me that this stuff is potentially way more polarizing than Mike W.'s wisecrack.
    The thing is, if Christians make it polarizing, they're missing the boat. Just like Wally's joke missed on most people.

I'm sure Jesus would be happy every time a Christian use a Bible verse that make him seem obnoxious.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What's the purpose to an opinion if you must keep it secreted away? What sort of society supports that??
    I think that's the Catholics.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Well, that doesn't make sense...

Being fat isn't a choice. But being gay totally is.

Right?
    Point is just that people take issue against people being gay because they are bigoted against it, but use the bible as a tool to hide behind. There are sins all around that everyone of us do. I believe in some sort of higher power, not sure if its God or Jesus as described by people that act like they fully know what is out there, but whatever that higher power may be, I would they wouldn't cast his 'children' into an eternal fire filled realm no matter how friendly or nice or considerate or loving, simply because they didn't kiss his ass enough.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

So Wallace doesnt seem to approve of homosexuality. Who is to say he's wrong? Why are any of us more right than him?
    Not sure, but it sounds like you are proposing some sort of ethical framework wherein there is no absolute right or wrong, and everything is acceptable.

I believe the validity of that concept is easily disproved, CRUSHED, by analyzing the mere fact that ... Browns fans ... exist.

That is all!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

But was it smart to put yourself out there for any kind of heat before twitter/facebook etc?

Not having a go at you- Chadman just gets annoyed that people instantly shout down anyone with an opinion that differs from the mass population. Opinions should be encouraged, in Chadman's.... opinion.
    "Opinions are like a-holes. Everyones got one, but no one wants to look at another guys."

Wait, we are talking about homos here. Guess that quote doesn't apply this once.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I'm watching American Dad right now while I have insomnia. And it's kinda funny. The topic is Stan's best friend doesn't believe in God and Stan is bothered and is trying to convince him to believe in Jesus. It's weird it's on tv while I'm typing this.
    [URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=Z Hd02fFeY7yDTM&tbnid=eFgAgYgYL9neGM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&u rl=http%3A%2F%2Fstuffpoint.com%2Famerican-dad%2Fimage%2F55304%2F&ei=mL2AUdycDorm8QTvwoCgDQ&b vm=bv.45921128,d.eWU&psig=AFQjCNHpcpD-5Ab7TnCApcurmKrrvnyIgA&ust=1367478013747447"][/URL]
    I actually watched that the other night. I think it does a good job at pointing out just how ludicrous and horrible the story of Job is, personally. I think South Park did it better though: [URL]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104224/the-book-of-job[/URL] "Sit down, Kyle."

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It would seem that Wallace found his own tweet to be stupid....since he quickly deleted it and apologized afterward...
    Not sure if serious...

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    The Country you live in was founded on Christian principle and Christian men of God. Our Society and Nation have slowly taken God out of this Country, out of the Schools, out of the Gov't. It has been replaced with individualism like you mention above. Promotion of me, its ok to be gay (its in), if it feels good it must be ok, live for the moment mentality.
    It all started when God breathed and spoke this world into existence. He gave us His Holy Word...(to keep us accountable and as a guide in life)we have taken that Word and altered it. It is why the Mormons have their own Bible and the Muslims have the Koran which is similar to the Bible. It is a prime example of us as a Society taking something we don't want to be held accountable to and altering it to what fits us.

It is not about religion...the Pharisees in the Bible had religion...Satan himself use to be an angel and in charge of all the music in Heaven. It is about a relationship you have with The Father and His son Jesus Christ.
    Check this out concerning our forefathers....[URL]http://mangrums.net/content/words-our-christian-forefathers[/URL]

Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin.

You want some common sense facts if you want to leave the Bible out like most people....A stick fits into a hole...2 sticks don't fit anywhere. Well actually it can but that would be gross and leads to my second point...
    the one disease that is associated with people having a homosexual lifestyle. Aids The worst disease imaginable. That is how much God abhors this sin.
    I think Russ already said most of what I would have responded with to this.

I will add in response to the bolded above that there are many forms of sex other than vaginal intercourse and what you consider "gross" isn't necessarily what other people consider "gross". You're taking your own opinion and attempting to pass it off as true for everyone, which is the exact thing I was speaking of in my first post in this thread.

Why was it stupid though? Because the masses believe it to be so? Does that make it stupid?
    I stated why I thought it was stupid earlier. Applying personal preference to the masses is short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    It was a wisecrack. He wasn't stupid in the manner you think. He was merely silly to not realize that most people wouldn't recognize a wisecrack for what it is and jump all over him. Its silly to pick on his wisecrack and go overboard over it, and totally ignore the following disclaimers he posted. Why would you believe the former, which was clearly lighthearted, and not the latter?
    If it was a wisecrack and intended to be funny than I, and most people, misinterpreted it. Why do you think it wasn't intended to be serious? Personally, I agree with what he said based on my own personal preferences but it didn't come across as joking to me. Meaning, I feel the same way however I allow for others to have different preferences while he came across as not "getting" that.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler
    Yeah, all the Jesus stuff had me scratching my head briefly -- had I just stumbled into a religion board while looking for steelers stuff? Apparently not, its just our resident devout proclaiming from their soapbox. I wonder what would happen if a resident devout Muslim or Buddhist began proclaiming their own doctrine as if it were the self-evident truth..
    You'd have to agree with me that this stuff is potentially way more polarizing than Mike W.'s wisecrack.
    I don't know. His tweets are what started this whole ball rolling to begin with.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Half of our country is obese. Gluttony is a sin. Being fat is a choice. Where are all the church folk calling out fatties as sinners? It's in the bible.
    Fat guys have been coming out of the closet in the NFL forever. We're past that. If u drop your soap in the shower next to a fat guy, there's nothing to fear, but drop your soap next to a homo, that's a different story.

This gay stuff boils down to communal showers in locker rooms.

We've all been in communal showers with 100s of other guys. It was never a big deal until you realize there's homos. Well if homos can come into my shower, I should be allowed to go in the girls shower and hope some of them drop the soap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    Seriously man, write a book, or a blog, or a book of your blogs.
    Then I'd have to stay on topic. Not sure that's possible.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Then I'd have to stay on topic. Not sure that's possible.
    Nahhh... "Flippy's World: A Collection Of Musings And Thoughts"