Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Powell View Post
    [URL]http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/bible_contradictions.html[/URL]

Only the ignorant use the " it's filled with contradictions" argument.
    When are you gonna post a pic of your girlfriend

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    And exactly what was so wrong in what he said? I have made more-or-less the same crack to a gay friend, while we were out in a bar. He came back with -- we cant figure out how you can go after the chicks, with all those hot guys around either. We laughed and chugged another beer..

To go all PC on it is stupid.

There was really nothing wrong with what he said. It's just a lot of people wanting to find more reason to hate Wallace.

Even if what Wallace said was considered disrespectful, or homophobic, or whatever...why can't he have that opinion? Why do people feel the need to shout him down for voicing his opinion?

We all get out panties (yes- Chadman said panties on purpose- just for you Flip) (And you too Pap) in knots when certain unnamed posters tell us that our opinion on certain players, or coaches are WRONG, and then go to great lengths to tell us how WRONG we are for believing such drivel... usually sprouting facts & figures in order to prove just how WRONG we are.

But does that change your opinion?

Why should it?

If Wallace, Ward or any person (including Fordfixer.. ) want to be homophobic, Chadman says "go for it". Doesn't make them RIGHT or WRONG. It's just their opinion. So long as their actions do not treat anyone differently, they can believe whatever the hell they want.

The Mendenhall tweet fiasco (where he was subsequently run out of town- that's opinion, neither RIGHT or WRONG) is similar- he copped amazing amounts of flak for those opinions, but that's all they were. It didn't make Bin Laden a better guy. Or 9/11 less horrible. So why did society feel the need to PROVE HIM WRONG.

Society is just becoming a pack animal, and original thought is frowned upon.

For the record, Wallace, Ward & Fordfixer are not homophobic in Chadman's opinion, and Pap doesn't wear panties (as far as Chadman can tell).

Flippy however..... well, Chadman will meet you at the usual place after work, alright mate? Wear the red ones..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    There was really nothing wrong with what he said. It's just a lot of people wanting to find more reason to hate Wallace.

Even if what Wallace said was considered disrespectful, or homophobic, or whatever...why can't he have that opinion? Why do people feel the need to shout him down for voicing his opinion?

We all get out panties (yes- Chadman said panties on purpose- just for you Flip) (And you too Pap) in knots when certain unnamed posters tell us that our opinion on certain players, or coaches are WRONG, and then go to great lengths to tell us how WRONG we are for believing such drivel... usually sprouting facts & figures in order to prove just how WRONG we are.

But does that change your opinion?

Why should it?

If Wallace, Ward or any person (including Fordfixer.. ) want to be homophobic, Chadman says "go for it". Doesn't make them RIGHT or WRONG. It's just their opinion. So long as their actions do not treat anyone differently, they can believe whatever the hell they want.

The Mendenhall tweet fiasco (where he was subsequently run out of town- that's opinion, neither RIGHT or WRONG) is similar- he copped amazing amounts of flak for those opinions, but that's all they were. It didn't make Bin Laden a better guy. Or 9/11 less horrible. So why did society feel the need to PROVE HIM WRONG.

Society is just becoming a pack animal, and original thought is frowned upon.

For the record, Wallace, Ward & Fordfixer are not homophobic in Chadman's opinion, and Pap doesn't wear panties (as far as Chadman can tell).

Flippy however..... well, Chadman will meet you at the usual place after work, alright mate? Wear the red ones..
    And I'll bring the 4 girls so there's 2 for each of us

I'm with you on this. Who cares what these guys think? I personally like people that are raw and unfiltered. They tend to be the type of people I get along with best. I like interesting and different.

I think it was a harmless comment. But Wally turned it into a big deal by removing it and apologizing. In Mendy's case, he tried to defend himself and his thoughts.

I've been in many lockerroom over the years and the only constant is all guys rag on all other guys for everything. Nothing's off limits. Guys make fun of one another's sexuality, heritage, whatever. It's a male bonding process. But I wouldn't put it out on twitter personally unless he did it in a funny way and addressed it to the gay guy as a joke.

If you're 30 or older, it's probably hard as a guy not to use the derogatory gay word in a lockerroom. Heck it's hard not to say a lot of things that aren't PC cause we didn't grow up PC.

Rookie

User Info Menu

1) Wallace's idiocy is why I do not follow athletes on Twitter. Of course, Ol' Mikey is entitled to his opinion. That doesn't mean that his opinion isn't stupid.

It is better to close your mouth and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt
    Much like a message board, putting your opinion out to the public is fine...you just can't cry about it when you are called out publicly for being foolish...

2) If you believe that being gay is a "choice", the by all means, try it out sometime. See how that works put for you...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    1) Wallace's idiocy is why I do not follow athletes on Twitter. Of course, Ol' Mikey is entitled to his opinion. That doesn't mean that his opinion isn't stupid.

Much like a message board, putting your opinion out to the public is fine...you just can't cry about it when you are called out publicly for being foolish...

2) If you believe that being gay is a "choice", the by all means, try it out sometime. See how that works put for you...

Of course, just because you find Wallace's opinion to be stupid, doesn't necessarily make it so. It is stupid in your opinion..

And if a poster makes a point that is considered foolish on this board, it's fine to call them out...so long as the "caller outerer" realises that just because they disagree with the foolish poster, it doesn't make their own opinion any more right.. after all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how foolish or brilliant everyone else finds it.

Chadman agrees with your second point. That said, he could be wrong...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Damn. One helluva thread.

What was the question?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Damn. One helluva thread.

What was the question?

Is Kenny Rogers the most interesting man in the world? And is he thirsty my friends? I think this might be his before before pic.

[URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=T jyRKc3PQ7JQaM&tbnid=QRZLV44nZ-bigM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2F2012%2F 09%2F13%2Fmost-interesting-man-obama%2F&ei=ZqGAUY_AJYeq8ASly4HgBA&bvm=bv.45921128 ,d.eWU&psig=AFQjCNHwFQ0SZKDKsZJjyTnuE7rfkotGAw&ust =1367470823386560"][/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Was the Blue Oyster Cult a Gay Band?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OMG!! Hilarious! This makes my night.

While it's true it doesn't really matter what one's sexuality is, just whether they can play ball, let's remember that it's heroic because of all the people who have had/are hiding due to the venom and hatred that is spewed by bigots. THAT's why it's a big deal. His sexuality isn't a big deal - the fact he doesn't have to hide IS.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 05-01-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mods - can you please rename this thread "Flippy on a roll"?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!