Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

I would've bet Mendy for sure.

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1622798-mike-wallace-apologizes-for-insensitive-tweet-made-after-jason-collins-comes-out[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't have any problem with what he said. It's pretty stupid that someone can be pressured like this if they don't fall in line with the PC police.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I didn't have any problem with what he said. It's pretty stupid that someone can be pressured like this if they don't fall in line with the PC police.
    It's the whole if you don't have anything nice to say, why say anything. Especially when you're famous and have lots of followers. If there's nothing wrong with it why apologize?

Be a douche in the locker room with your buddies. Or on planetsteelers. Etc.

But to put a comment out there on twitter, you have to know enough people are gonna see it that someone's gonna complain. As a society we can't discuss anything openly and honestly.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Would you be cool with it if a white athlete made thinly veiled racist remarks?

Because it's the same thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

How come homophobia and racism aren't cool, but it's ok to call me an idiot. I bet Wally's gay. People often are what they hate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

No it's not... it's not the same thing and it's irresponsible to say such a thing.

You can hide sexuality.. you can't hide skin color. There is a difference IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No it's not... it's not the same thing and it's irresponsible to say such a thing.

Richard Simmons does a really good job of hiding it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    so does Chris Bosh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Richard Simmons is black too??

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

It is the same thing and it is absolutely not irresponsible to say so.

Whether or not something can be "hidden" is completely irrelevant.

The fact that our society makes someone feel compelled to hide it makes it even more messed up, in some ways...