Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 178

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,607
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I didn't see it going there. Nice

    I always though Kenny was an underrated actor after seeing Six Pack. It was his only movie, but he can always say he was in a movie with Diane Lane.
    After all of his plastic surgery, Kenny looks almost as bad as the Jarvis Jones meat statue, except that his complexion is actually darker than Jarvis' raisin-clad head (probably from years of standing under the Kenny Rogers Roasters neon sign outside Kramer's apartment).


  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm not sure why you're so quick to dismiss the 5 appearances as Brady Hawkes in The Gambler movies or 2 as MacShayne but in my book TV movies are still movies!!
    Made for TV back in those days meant it was slightly better acting than Leave it to Beaver. It's not like today where major stars are doing huge TV series to compete with reality TV.

    But I always did dig Kenny in a Chuck Norris kinda way. Not the action star part, just the legendary part.

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Would you be cool with it if a white athlete made thinly veiled racist remarks?

    Because it's the same thing.
    How come homophobia and racism aren't cool, but it's ok to call me an idiot. I bet Wally's gay. People often are what they hate.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    After all of his plastic surgery, Kenny looks almost as bad as the Jarvis Jones meat statue, except that his complexion is actually darker than Jarvis' raisin-clad head (probably from years of standing under the Kenny Rogers Roasters neon sign outside Kramer's apartment).

    His new face gives me nightmares. Plus, did he ask his dentist to make him look more like a chipmunk?

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Would you be cool with it if a white athlete made thinly veiled racist remarks?

    Because it's the same thing.
    No it's not... it's not the same thing and it's irresponsible to say such a thing.

    You can hide sexuality.. you can't hide skin color. There is a difference IMO.

  6. #16
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    51
    even tho its not that bad what he said but come on just keep comments out of the public hands if you are a role model

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Would you be cool with it if a white athlete made thinly veiled racist remarks?

    Because it's the same thing.
    No, it's not. Actions are very different than body makeup.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,389
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No it's not... it's not the same thing and it's irresponsible to say such a thing.

    You can hide sexuality.. you can't hide skin color. There is a difference IMO.
    Richard Simmons does a really good job of hiding it.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,798
    Quote Originally Posted by steel50 View Post
    even tho its not that bad what he said but come on just keep comments out of the public hands if you are a role model
    He plays in Miami... tons of em down there too. Not a smart thing to say IMO.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No it's not... it's not the same thing and it's irresponsible to say such a thing.

    You can hide sexuality.. you can't hide skin color. There is a difference IMO.
    It is the same thing and it is absolutely not irresponsible to say so.

    Whether or not something can be "hidden" is completely irrelevant.

    The fact that our society makes someone feel compelled to hide it makes it even more messed up, in some ways...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •