Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    There's just a lot here that's so insanely wrong, I'm not even sure how to move forward with this.

I'll just start out with: Aids, The Worst disease imaginable? I'm pretty sure I'd rather wind up with AIDS then stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

The Declaration of Independence mentions god once, and do it in a fairly ambiguous way.

The two other major documents core to the founding of our country mention a supreme being exactly ZERO times between them. You'd think they'd put that in there if we were "founded on Christian principle."

But i digress....

I'd like ONE non religious argument against homosexuality, please.
    One non-religious argument against homosexuality...

OK, here goes- how many animal species have active gay communities? (Note: Gay/homosexual- not bi-sexual)

Disclaimer- Chadman has no problem with homosexuality- you just asked for an argument against with no religious basis.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

OK, here goes- how many animal species have active gay communities? (Note: Gay/homosexual- not bi-sexual)

Disclaimer- Chadman has no problem with homosexuality- you just asked for an argument against with no religious basis.
    So not just homosexual behavior? It also has to exhibit NON heterosexual behavior as well?

That's kind of a ticky tack question. Homosexuality has been viewed in many many many species:
    [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior[/URL]

The concept of community doesn't even exist in all animals.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    So not just homosexual behavior? It also has to exhibit NON heterosexual behavior as well?

That's kind of a ticky tack question. Homosexuality has been viewed in many many many species:
    [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior[/URL]

The concept of community doesn't even exist in all animals.
    Hey- you asked for an argument that wasn't religion based.

Chadman provides.

You never said it had to be a good aregument, or even well researched for that matter.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hey- you asked for an argument that wasn't religion based.

Chadman provides.

You never said it had to be a good aregument, or even well researched for that matter.
    Fair enough.

My argument will be that Mike Wallace is stupid. If an argument doesn't have to be well informed or well-reasoned, then any random opinion is seemingly valid.

That's silly, in my...opinion...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Fair enough.

My argument will be that Mike Wallace is stupid. If an argument doesn't have to be well informed or well-reasoned, then any random opinion is seemingly valid.

That's silly, in my...opinion...

Any random notion can be validly held as an opinion. Not every opinion is a valid notion..

Or something like that.. I think..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Any random notion can be validly held as an opinion. Not every opinion is a valid notion..

Or something like that.. I think..

It's all coming together for me now. Why would Wally comment about a gay guy? Because who loves to hang out with gay guys? Hot chicks dig gay guys. Every hot girl has a gay best friend. A gay rich and famous guy is gonna gain access to top end tail. So what better situation to use to try to pick up that hot tail than to respond to this on twitter. Wally is a genius. Now we know why he got paid.

And this whole thread is starting to make cohesive sense to me now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's all coming together for me now. Why would Wally comment about a gay guy? Because who loves to hang out with gay guys? Hot chicks dig gay guys. Every hot girl has a gay best friend. A gay rich and famous guy is gonna gain access to top end tail. So what better situation to use to try to pick up that hot tail than to respond to this on twitter. Wally is a genius. Now we know why he got paid.

And this whole thread is starting to make cohesive sense to me now.
    A-ha!! Finally the story unravels! Wally was just trying to score. He had trouble enough doing it last season!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Just about any time something seems logical, Wikipedia is there for you:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior[/url]

This list is freaking huge.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I'm watching American Dad right now while I have insomnia. And it's kinda funny. The topic is Stan's best friend doesn't believe in God and Stan is bothered and is trying to convince him to believe in Jesus. It's weird it's on tv while I'm typing this.
    [URL="http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=Z Hd02fFeY7yDTM&tbnid=eFgAgYgYL9neGM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&u rl=http%3A%2F%2Fstuffpoint.com%2Famerican-dad%2Fimage%2F55304%2F&ei=mL2AUdycDorm8QTvwoCgDQ&b vm=bv.45921128,d.eWU&psig=AFQjCNHpcpD-5Ab7TnCApcurmKrrvnyIgA&ust=1367478013747447"][/URL]
    I actually watched that the other night. I think it does a good job at pointing out just how ludicrous and horrible the story of Job is, personally. I think South Park did it better though: [URL]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104224/the-book-of-job[/URL] "Sit down, Kyle."

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It would seem that Wallace found his own tweet to be stupid....since he quickly deleted it and apologized afterward...
    Not sure if serious...

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    The Country you live in was founded on Christian principle and Christian men of God. Our Society and Nation have slowly taken God out of this Country, out of the Schools, out of the Gov't. It has been replaced with individualism like you mention above. Promotion of me, its ok to be gay (its in), if it feels good it must be ok, live for the moment mentality.
    It all started when God breathed and spoke this world into existence. He gave us His Holy Word...(to keep us accountable and as a guide in life)we have taken that Word and altered it. It is why the Mormons have their own Bible and the Muslims have the Koran which is similar to the Bible. It is a prime example of us as a Society taking something we don't want to be held accountable to and altering it to what fits us.

It is not about religion...the Pharisees in the Bible had religion...Satan himself use to be an angel and in charge of all the music in Heaven. It is about a relationship you have with The Father and His son Jesus Christ.
    Check this out concerning our forefathers....[URL]http://mangrums.net/content/words-our-christian-forefathers[/URL]

Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin.

You want some common sense facts if you want to leave the Bible out like most people....A stick fits into a hole...2 sticks don't fit anywhere. Well actually it can but that would be gross and leads to my second point...
    the one disease that is associated with people having a homosexual lifestyle. Aids The worst disease imaginable. That is how much God abhors this sin.
    I think Russ already said most of what I would have responded with to this.

I will add in response to the bolded above that there are many forms of sex other than vaginal intercourse and what you consider "gross" isn't necessarily what other people consider "gross". You're taking your own opinion and attempting to pass it off as true for everyone, which is the exact thing I was speaking of in my first post in this thread.

Why was it stupid though? Because the masses believe it to be so? Does that make it stupid?
    I stated why I thought it was stupid earlier. Applying personal preference to the masses is short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    It was a wisecrack. He wasn't stupid in the manner you think. He was merely silly to not realize that most people wouldn't recognize a wisecrack for what it is and jump all over him. Its silly to pick on his wisecrack and go overboard over it, and totally ignore the following disclaimers he posted. Why would you believe the former, which was clearly lighthearted, and not the latter?
    If it was a wisecrack and intended to be funny than I, and most people, misinterpreted it. Why do you think it wasn't intended to be serious? Personally, I agree with what he said based on my own personal preferences but it didn't come across as joking to me. Meaning, I feel the same way however I allow for others to have different preferences while he came across as not "getting" that.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler
    Yeah, all the Jesus stuff had me scratching my head briefly -- had I just stumbled into a religion board while looking for steelers stuff? Apparently not, its just our resident devout proclaiming from their soapbox. I wonder what would happen if a resident devout Muslim or Buddhist began proclaiming their own doctrine as if it were the self-evident truth..
    You'd have to agree with me that this stuff is potentially way more polarizing than Mike W.'s wisecrack.
    I don't know. His tweets are what started this whole ball rolling to begin with.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I actually watched that the other night. I think it does a good job at pointing out just how ludicrous and horrible the story of Job is, personally. I think South Park did it better though: [URL]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104224/the-book-of-job[/URL] "Sit down, Kyle."
    I love South Park, but never saw that one before. LOL That was pretty awesome.