Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just checked into this thread again. It has turned into "The Best of Flippy and Co." (mostly). Thanks for the entertainment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    That's a pretty sweet link. I fell asleep one night with the TV on and woke up to this show in the 2nd season and loved it. Went back and watched them all in a weekend. It's one of my favorites now. Danny McBride is king.

Kind of reminds me of this (sorry, it's a little more random than usual) ...
    and that's no vegemite, mate.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnqtGjHJjs8[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Fair enough.

My argument will be that Mike Wallace is stupid. If an argument doesn't have to be well informed or well-reasoned, then any random opinion is seemingly valid.

That's silly, in my...opinion...

Any random notion can be validly held as an opinion. Not every opinion is a valid notion..

Or something like that.. I think..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Kind of reminds me of this (sorry, it's a little more random than usual) ...
    and that's no vegemite, mate.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnqtGjHJjs8[/URL]
    That song is so true. I have the weirdest dreams when I fall asleep with the TV on. Whatever's on tv is in my dreams. I should start watching Skinamax before bed just in case.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Any random notion can be validly held as an opinion. Not every opinion is a valid notion..

Or something like that.. I think..

It's all coming together for me now. Why would Wally comment about a gay guy? Because who loves to hang out with gay guys? Hot chicks dig gay guys. Every hot girl has a gay best friend. A gay rich and famous guy is gonna gain access to top end tail. So what better situation to use to try to pick up that hot tail than to respond to this on twitter. Wally is a genius. Now we know why he got paid.

And this whole thread is starting to make cohesive sense to me now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post

If it was a wisecrack and intended to be funny than I, and most people, misinterpreted it. Why do you think it wasn't intended to be serious? Personally, I agree with what he said based on my own personal preferences but it didn't come across as joking to me. Meaning, I feel the same way however I allow for others to have different preferences while he came across as not "getting" that.
    Just an opinion . Actually, I think I was empathizing. I once made essentially the same wisecrack to a gay friend, while I was ogling girls in a bar. He had a comeback wondering how I could like girls with all the handsome studs around. No big deal, we got drunk shortly after and danced on the tables with everyone (it was Munich). It became a joke among us for a brief while -- I'd point out girls to him as we wandered around town and he'd point out guys to me. Eventually the joke waned, mainly because the guys in Munich were better looking than the gals...

Anyway, it just led me to opine that Mike W was trying to be funny. I also opine that he sounds sincere in his disclaimers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's all coming together for me now. Why would Wally comment about a gay guy? Because who loves to hang out with gay guys? Hot chicks dig gay guys. Every hot girl has a gay best friend. A gay rich and famous guy is gonna gain access to top end tail. So what better situation to use to try to pick up that hot tail than to respond to this on twitter. Wally is a genius. Now we know why he got paid.

And this whole thread is starting to make cohesive sense to me now.
    A-ha!! Finally the story unravels! Wally was just trying to score. He had trouble enough doing it last season!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    A-ha!! Finally the story unravels! Wally was just trying to score. He had trouble enough doing it last season!!
    LOL. Maybe it's truly a misunderstanding and Wally's just trying to please his coaches and score more.