Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Chargers should sign him to draw media attention from Manti Te'o...
    Or double it....I can see it now:

The T'eo and Tebow Show

Coming soon to a San Diego Fox affiliate near you.

Backup

User Info Menu

The difference between Tebow and other guys who are running the zone read right now is accuracy as a passer. Tim Tebow started the equivalent of an entire NFL season at QB and completed 47% of his passes. That ain't gettin' it done. The threat of the passing game simply isn't real with Tebow as your quarterback (unless you run a 9 man box and your corner gives up the inside of the field to a big, fast physical receiver who gives him a target roughly the size of Lake Erie into which to throw the football, but we won't go there).

Tebow is a gifted athlete... and likely will star in Canada. To me, the most apt comparison isn't Doug Flutie, whose physical limitations were simply too much to overcome in terms of being Super Bowl caliber QB material, but Warren Moon. Went to Canada, lit it up there, then latched on in the NFL and went on to have a ton of success. Tebow needs time and reps to refine his passing skills. The salary cap era makes it impossible for a player to get that in the NFL.

If then were like now, Terry Bradshaw would be a farmer in Louisiana, not a Hall of Fame QB. His first 5 years made Alex Smith look good, but the team waited on him to develop... you simply can't do that now. I fully believe that Tebow will develop in Canada and come back in 3 or 4 years as a good NFL QB.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    The difference between Tebow and other guys who are running the zone read right now is accuracy as a passer. Tim Tebow started the equivalent of an entire NFL season at QB and completed 47% of his passes. That ain't gettin' it done. The threat of the passing game simply isn't real with Tebow as your quarterback (unless you run a 9 man box and your corner gives up the inside of the field to a big, fast physical receiver who gives him a target roughly the size of Lake Erie into which to throw the football, but we won't go there).

Tebow is a gifted athlete... and likely will star in Canada. To me, the most apt comparison isn't Doug Flutie, whose physical limitations were simply too much to overcome in terms of being Super Bowl caliber QB material, but Warren Moon. Went to Canada, lit it up there, then latched on in the NFL and went on to have a ton of success. Tebow needs time and reps to refine his passing skills. The salary cap era makes it impossible for a player to get that in the NFL.

If then were like now, Terry Bradshaw would be a farmer in Louisiana, not a Hall of Fame QB. His first 5 years made Alex Smith look good, but the team waited on him to develop... you simply can't do that now. I fully believe that Tebow will develop in Canada and come back in 3 or 4 years as a good NFL QB.
    If not for the "Music City Miracle"...which can still be debated as a true lateral...he was a SB caliber QB...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

i dont want tebow on steelers roster period be cant block so he cant play TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Tebow will not develop into a star QB in Canada. While he would play against lesser competition, the nuances in the game do not suit him - other than the ability to run.

Two reasons:

1) The field is bigger so your throws must be longer. Not so much the length (110 yards plus 2 x 20 yard end zones) but the field is wider (65 yards wide vs. 53 1/3 yards wide in the NFL) so even your ten yard out is a much longer throw.

2) The ball is bigger so if you are throwing up lame ducks with an NFL ball, then you are surely doing worse with a CFL ball.

Accuracy is not as important in the CFL because there is more room, but you still have to be able to get the ball there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe we can sign Tebow and have Ben mentor him. Ben could teach him how to go clubbing, have female hotel assistants "fix" his tv, and finally how to get falling down drunk girls into the bathroom.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Chargers should sign him to draw media attention from Manti Te'o...
    The exact opposite would happen. San Diego is perfect for Te'o because no one gives a crap about them and they got zero pub when they were giving Cincy a run for their money with off field problems.

As far as Tebow goes... for the life of me I can't see why he wants to remain a QB. He made a name for himself at Florida running dives up the middle and throwing that ugly jump pass. He should be a FB or short yardage back. Anything else is a clear sign of how delusional he has become due to the media hype.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post

I remember as a kid, the general rule of thumb was it took a college QB 5 years to develop. And now the expectation is to be great in year 1. What I can't remember is when did that change happen?

Legend

User Info Menu

The media should be ashamed. The way the Jets handled the situation from the owner to the Head coach was a complete debacle and a total lack of class. I hope they don't win anything for decades. That said, Tebow's pride is what's hurting him today. Numerous teams have shown interest in him as a player, just not a QB, and he won't bother to entertain that thought. Instead of the possibility of a productive NFL career; he's insisting on being Eric Crouch with an unwillingness to admit his college skills don't translate appropriately.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The media should be ashamed. The way the Jets handled the situation from the owner to the Head coach was a complete debacle and a total lack of class. I hope they don't win anything for decades. That said, Tebow's pride is what's hurting him today. Numerous teams have shown interest in him as a player, just not a QB, and he won't bother to entertain that thought. Instead of the possibility of a productive NFL career; he's insisting on being Eric Crouch with an unwillingness to admit his college skills don't translate appropriately.
    He's Kordell Stewarting it.