Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He got screwed over because of his race. I think even colleges wanted to try to convert him to WR, but he couldn't because he wasn't a good enough athlete. It's kinda a shame because the guy would probably have NFL records out the wazoo if it weren't for the racism.

I remember him being pretty vocal about Cam Newton getting treated the way he was coming out of college because he was a black QB. I remember the way he said it made it seem like he had some resentment.

Unfortunately, the stereotype continues a bit to this day for some reason, likely because you've got a lot of black QBs that happen to be great athletes and very few Moons and Leftwiches. I'm sure in time there will be more and more guys with good arms that aren't great athletes. In a way the problem stems from college because college teams can thrive with an athlete that's a mediocre passer playing QB. And I bet there's other Warren Moons out there that aren't getting a shot as a result of the college game.
    Frankly, great athleticism can be a double edged sword.
    You get used to your feet being able to save you, it can hinder your development.

It is a gift with value but it is a really tough balancing act.

I remember Cunningham and Mcnabb becoming much better passers league leaders as their running ability declined.
    Had they not used their legs their legs as a crutch they would have been better passers early on
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-07-2013 at 08:45 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

New England Patriots to sign QB Tim Tebow

By Neal Coolong on Jun 10 2013

The defending AFC East champions will bring Tebowmania to Foxboro, where his role as a back-up would seem a bit more clear.

It appears, for the third consecutive year, the Steelers will play a team with Tim Tebow on its roster.

Tebow, released by the Jets this offseason, will sign with the New England Patriots, and is expected to attend Patriots' minicamp Tuesday.

Previously playing for the Broncos and the Jets, Tebow is 1-1 against the Steelers, leading his Broncos to an upset playoff victory over the Steelers in the wild card round of the 2011 playoffs. The Steelers throttled the Jets last season when Tebow backed up starter Mark Sanchez. Tebow entered the game as the quarterback, rushing once for 22 yards. He was quickly yanked in favor of Sanchez, who threw for 138 yards on 10-for-27 passing.

The Patriots host the Steelers Nov. 3 - Week 9 - of the 2013 NFL season. Odds are a bit better Tebow will be a back-up in New England, provided Tom Brady's aching right shoulder doesn't finally hold him out a game.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/6/10/4416432/new-england-patriots-sign-tim-tebow[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

When asked to comment, Belichek said, "The only reason we signed Tim is because he's a committed Christian. Everyone knows he really doesn't have anywhere close to enough talent to play in the NFL. In fact, if he were Buddhist, he'd have never gotten a chance."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't give a crap about tebows religion. what i do know is the guy is a workout fiend, is driven to succeed, a fierce competitor and seems to have some athletic skill. As much as we all like to bash bellichick, i suppose if there's anyone who can find a role for tebow - it's him. i also think both of them are interested in shoving a turd sandwich down rexies throat when they play the jets. I would be shocked if there isn't some exotic tebow package introduced just for those games.

I like the NFL better with tebow in it.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I don't give a crap about tebows religion. what i do know is the guy is a workout fiend, is driven to succeed, a fierce competitor and seems to have some athletic skill. As much as we all like to bash bellichick, i suppose if there's anyone who can find a role for tebow - it's him. i also think both of them are interested in shoving a turd sandwich down rexies throat when they play the jets. I would be shocked if there isn't some exotic tebow package introduced just for those games.

Tebow suck period point blank, Idon't care how hard he work etc, he don't belong in the NFL as a Qb and I'm glad the Pats made another questionable personel decision. I just hate that now the media will slob on NE knob for making agreat move although the real world really knows how much he really suck.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed. Its crazy how polarizing Tebow is...love him hate him...he is fun to watch and talk about. I agree about his heart, desire and ability. I also believe with time and the right coaching he can catch on. We might be surprised.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed. Its crazy how polarizing Tebow is...love him hate him...he is fun to watch and talk about. I agree about his heart, desire and ability. I also believe with time and the right coaching he can catch on. We might be surprised.
    Tim Tebow is just alright with me.

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt the Pats need Tebow to stomp on the Jets...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I doubt the Pats need Tebow to stomp on the Jets...
    No but I believe Bellicheck would think it sweet if he could put up some points with a Jets castoff.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Tim Tebow is just alright with me.
    I don't care what they may say
    I don't care what they may do
    I don't care what they may say

Tebow is just alright with me, Tebow is just alright, oh yeah
    Tebow is just alright with me, Tebow is just alright

I don't care what they may know
    I don't care where they may go
    I don't care what they may know

Tebow is just alright, oh yeah
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha