Thread: Steeler FO did OK: Wallace might be out of football next year

Steeler FO did OK: Wallace might be out of football next year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ce-will-return

Stephen Ross unsure if Mike Wallace will return

By Chris Wesseling
    Around the NFL Writer
    Published: Jan. 16, 2015 at 04:07 p.m.
    Updated: Jan. 17, 2015 at 11:37 a.m.

After benching himself in the Dolphins' season finale, Mike Wallace acknowledged his precarious future in Miami.

The generously compensated wide receiver has good reason to question his standing with Dolphins management.

Owner Stephen Ross was noncommittal Friday when asked if Wallace will be back for the third year of a five-year, $60 million contract signed in 2013.

"I don't think anyone really knows," Ross added, via Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald.

Wallace is untradeable with a salary scheduled to cost $12.1 million against the salary cap. Per The Miami Herald, he is unwilling to accept a pay cut.

I remember a lot of us were questioning the wisdom of the way the whole thing went down with Brown vs. Wallace. Just goes to show, those guys might just have some insight we might not!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

According to some posters, Wallace didn't really quit on his team in that last game...the coaches just decided to bench him.

Yeah, that explains why they might dump their leading receiver and take a huge $$$$ hit, getting nothing in return.

Hall of Famer
    ​Young Money is about to become Dead Money.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    According to some posters, Wallace didn't really quit on his team in that last game...the coaches just decided to bench him.

Yeah, that explains why they might dump their leading receiver and take a huge $$$$ hit, getting nothing in return.
    Wallace is all about Wallace. He was afraid to stay here because he knew Brown was going to outwork him and be better and earn the admiration of teammates and fans.

He quit on the Steelers his last year here, he quit on the Dolphins this past season, but I will repeat what I have said before...there are a lot of Dolphins fans here in Florida that can't stand the guy.

Two cities, two teams same outcome...sooner or later you have to wake up and recognize it is the player.

The Dolphins are going to spin it that "the coaches made the call" because they may want to get something in a potential trade and cancer doesn't trade well. However, reading the papers here locally it was clear Wallace was the problem.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ​Young Money is about to become Dead Money.
    Bad money will become worse money. Serves the Dolphins right for paying the ridiculous salary they gave a one dimensional WR.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

He'll probably go to the Patriots and become a star again. Uhhgg!!

Hall of Famer
    Isnt Stonio out of football already?
    Wallace will be soon.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Ya nobody will want a guy who scored 10 tds, his career is definitely over , besides the front office doesn't need Wallace to fail to justify the move, AB has justified the move 100 times over.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 01-18-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I remember a lot of us were questioning the wisdom of the way the whole thing went down with Brown vs. Wallace. Just goes to show, those guys might just have some insight we might not!
    I don't remember it that way. I think most fans realized the price tag on Wallace was too much, paying a #2 WR (which Wallace is) as a #1 WR.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    He'll probably go to the Patriots and become a star again. Uhhgg!!
    ... or he'll wind up in AZ.