Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Bud Dupree

  1. #1
    Backup
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Posts
    153

    Bud Dupree

    So according to ESPN, Tomlin, Keith Butler, and Porter were all present at Kentucky's pro day. Would love to see the Steelers pick up this kid with the 22nd pick (goodness knows we need help at OLB).
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAayCoZrR8[/url]

  2. #2
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnjerm3000 View Post
    So according to ESPN, Tomlin, Keith Butler, and Porter were all present at Kentucky's pro day. Would love to see the Steelers pick up this kid with the 22nd pick (goodness knows we need help at OLB).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlAayCoZrR8[/URL]

    Steelers reportedly had dinner with him...

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,737
    He has bust written all over him...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    Round 1, Pick 25 (25): Artie Burns, CB; Miami
    Round 2, Pick 27 (58 ): Sean Davis, S; Maryland
    Round 3, Pick 26 (89): Javon Hargrave, DT; South Carolina State
    Round 4, Pick 25 (123): Jerald Hawkins, OT; LSU
    Round 6, Pick 45 (220) (Compensatory Selection): Travis Feeney, OLB; Washington
    Round 7, Pick 8 (229) (From Giants): DeMarcus Ayers, WR; Houston
    Round 7, Pick 25 (246): Tyler Matakevich, OLB; Temple

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    He has bust written all over him...
    I dont think so, little raw, not the most natural pass rusher but hes a good player.

    If he doesnt stick as a pass rusher I could see him thriving in a LEO role, something like Adalius Thomas

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,870
    the only concerning thing i have read is that he is slow to diagnose plays

    having insane measurables doesn't translate if you have trouble understanding whats happening out on the field

    that said, i would take him if he is there. too much potential at a position of need

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the only concerning thing i have read is that he is slow to diagnose plays

    having insane measurables doesn't translate if you have trouble understanding whats happening out on the field

    that said, i would take him if he is there. too much potential at a position of need
    all of what you said is exactly why i think he busts.. insane measurables. but, dumb.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    Round 1, Pick 25 (25): Artie Burns, CB; Miami
    Round 2, Pick 27 (58 ): Sean Davis, S; Maryland
    Round 3, Pick 26 (89): Javon Hargrave, DT; South Carolina State
    Round 4, Pick 25 (123): Jerald Hawkins, OT; LSU
    Round 6, Pick 45 (220) (Compensatory Selection): Travis Feeney, OLB; Washington
    Round 7, Pick 8 (229) (From Giants): DeMarcus Ayers, WR; Houston
    Round 7, Pick 25 (246): Tyler Matakevich, OLB; Temple

  7. #7
    If it's between Dupree and a guy like Kevin Johnson, that would be pretty tough...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If it's between Dupree and a guy like Kevin Johnson, that would be pretty tough...
    Id struggle with it, Id struggle even more if you add in Odighizuwa and Marcus Peters

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Id struggle with it, Id struggle even more if you add in Odighizuwa and Marcus Peters
    Personally, I'd prefer Odighizuwa over Dupree...and Johnson over Peters...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,193
    Dupree reminds me of Ansah on the lions, freakish athletic but played on a real bad team and it didnt really always show on tape.

    Lebeau would have married Ansah I think fwiw (although I know around here Lebeau's opinion means nothing because he knows nothing about defense)

    Id probably prefer Odighizuwa over Dupree, but Peters over Johnson for sure if peters checks out. I think Johnson is the 3rd best corner but Peters could make a case for 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •