I don't care what they may do
    I don't care what they may say

Tebow is just alright with me, Tebow is just alright, oh yeah
    Tebow is just alright with me, Tebow is just alright

I don't care what they may know
    I don't care where they may go
    I don't care what they may know

Tebow is just alright, oh yeah

You're on top of this one, Hawai'ian !!!

Legend

User Info Menu

He is risen: Eagles bring Tim Tebow in for a workout

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 16, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT

Chip Kelly continues to collect running backs at a dizzying pace.

Wait, what?

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Eagles coach Chip Kelly has just turned his own personal don’t-give-a-damn meter to 11, bringing quarterback Tim Tebow in for a workout.

He’s just messing with us at this point.

The idea of Tebow and Mark Sanchez together again is almost too perfect to put into words. Kelly carries himself with a smartest-guy-in-the-room vibe anyway, but bringing in a guy the rest of the NFL had given up on speaks to a bit of hubris.

Could Tebow run the Eagles’ system, considering his roots running a spread offense at Florida? Sure. Maybe. Who knows?

But the rest of the league hasn’t saw fit to see for themselves, which might be the real reason Kelly did this.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/he-is-risen-eagles-bring-tim-tebow-in-for-a-workout/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He is risen: Eagles bring Tim Tebow in for a workout

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 16, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT

Chip Kelly continues to collect running backs at a dizzying pace.

Wait, what?

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Eagles coach Chip Kelly has just turned his own personal don’t-give-a-damn meter to 11, bringing quarterback Tim Tebow in for a workout.

He’s just messing with us at this point.

The idea of Tebow and Mark Sanchez together again is almost too perfect to put into words. Kelly carries himself with a smartest-guy-in-the-room vibe anyway, but bringing in a guy the rest of the NFL had given up on speaks to a bit of hubris.

Could Tebow run the Eagles’ system, considering his roots running a spread offense at Florida? Sure. Maybe. Who knows?

But the rest of the league hasn’t saw fit to see for themselves, which might be the real reason Kelly did this.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/he-is-risen-eagles-bring-tim-tebow-in-for-a-workout/[/URL]

Tebow ... the anti-Vick . We will learn a lot about Philly fans if he signs!

Also, in an odd twist of fate, Tebow is dating a certain Ms. Immaculata Grey, daughter of Jennifer Grey, Patrick Swayze's partner in Dirty Dancing.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Agent Coulson's 13 year old daughter?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Also, in an odd twist of fate, Tebow is dating a certain Ms. Immaculata Grey, daughter of Jennifer Grey, Patrick Swayze's partner in Dirty Dancing.
    I dont like Tebow but Chip Kelly runs the type of offense where you can hide his horrible mechanics.

I still think Kelly has signed his pink slip with these moves.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd like to see the Eagles end up with Sanchez and Tebow as their QB tandem. Because it worked so well for the Jets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

The second coming of our Lord would have to be the offspring of Baby-in-a-Corner's baby daughter and the still-a-virgin Tebow...a truly "Immaculata Conception."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sudden interest in Tebow doesn’t make sense

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2015, 3:42 PM EDT

Plenty of things Eagles coach Chip Kelly has done in recent weeks don’t make a ton of sense, on the surface. Perhaps the most non-sensical is the decision to give Tim Tebow a mid-March workout.

It makes no sense for various reasons. I’ll try to identify each of them below.

First, Tebow has been available to anyone for two years. Ever since being cut by the Patriots prior to the start of the 2013 regular season, Tebow has been a free agent — and no one had even given him a sniff before today. Including Kelly.

Second, Mark Sanchez just signed a new contract with the Eagles, and to say the least Sanchez has no fond memories of his shared time with Tebow in New York.

Third, Tebow brings distraction wherever he goes. As the Eagles already are learning. Kelly doesn’t seem to have the patience for that kind of stuff.

Fourth, Tebow isn’t an accurate passer. He wants to be. He tries to be. He just isn’t.

Fifth, Tebow traditionally is a horrible practice performer. With Kelly trying to get every ounce of value out of every practice rep, having Tebow skipping stones and/or launching rockets won’t help the receivers get any better.

Of course, it’s possible that Kelly has been intrigued by Tebow since getting the job in 2013, but that Kelly previously lacked the power to bring Tebow to town. With executive V.P. of football operations Howie Roseman now “promoted” from the position of G.M. (and physically moved out of football operations), Kelly can do whatever he wants.

Based on the Doug Flutie documentary (which I saw for the first time last night on NFL Network, and which is excellent), maybe Kelly believes Tebow can do more than most believe, and that all he needs is a chance. Flutie didn’t get a fair shake in the NFL for years due to misguided beliefs about quarterback height. Tebow has been frozen out possibly due in part to the belief that having him on the roster will invite unwanted scrutiny from the Tebowmaniacs. (That said, I’d be more inclined to sign Flutie at 52 than Tebow at however old he currently is.)

Kelly has shown in recent days that he doesn’t care what anyone says. So why would he care about the cadre of helicopter parents who will demand that Tebow not be relegated to the bench but put on the field?

The fact that Kelly gave Tebow a workout doesn’t mean Tebow is getting a job. Even now, with up to 90 offseason roster spots per team (and 2,880 throughout the league), Tebow remains unemployed.

But at least Tebow is getting something he hasn’t had in two full seasons — a chance. What he did with it, and more importantly what the Eagles thought of it, will be known soon enough.

What also will be known is whether Kelly believes he can find a way in game situations to deploy Tebow in a way that will help the team do what Kelly will need to do in order to stick around: Win games.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/sudden-interest-in-tebow-doesnt-make-sense/[/URL]

Report: Eagles not planning to sign Tim Tebow at this time

Posted by Josh Alper on March 16, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT

It appears that any visions of Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez joining up for another ride will have to be put on ice.

The football world was buzzing on Monday when word broke that Tebow was working out as a quarterback for the Eagles, but it looks like we’ll have to keep waiting if Tebow is going to get another chance at an NFL job. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Tebow’s visit to the Eagles on Monday has come to an end and that the team has no plans to sign the former Bronco, Jet and Patriots “at this time.”

While the move would have fit into both the unpredictable Eagles offseason and coach Chip Kelly’s habit of zigging where others might zag, it would have been far more surprising if the day ended with Tebow holding a contract.

He has worked with throwing mechanics guru Tom House, who has worked with Tom Brady and Drew Brees, but it would be quite a gamble to think that Tebow’s turned into the consistent, accurate thrower that NFL teams need at quarterback since we’ve last seen him.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/16/report-eagles-not-planning-to-sign-tim-tebow-at-this-time/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Fans here in Philly are flipping out over this. It's like a car wreck...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They are not offering him a deal as of a few minutes ago