Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers Meeting with Winston Justice

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    I think bringing back Max and Legs is almost a must at this point. Max can come in and compete against Adams and Gilbert for the two starting spots and would nothing else give the team a good solid experienced swing tackle. The team is also in need of a backup in the pivot and Legs has received no interest on the open market....he knows the system and has position flexibility. Then at least their game day eight are: LT: Adams LG: Foster C: Pouncey RG: DeCastro RT: Gilbert, and then off the bench they would have LT/RT: Starks LG/RG/RT: Beachum C/RG: Legursky. That is probably the best game day eight the Steelers have had since Faneca and Hartings left. I'm sure they can find the cap room to make it happen, now just get it done.
    I also want Max back, don't care about Legursky, but I wonder whether the coaches feel he won't be able to do the zone blocking scheme they are implementing. Speed and agility aren't Max's strengths.

Hopefully one or two of the UDFAs can surprise us. They seemed to have done alot of due diligence on UDFA Off Linemen to bring in that many so quickly after the draft. Obviously it was a position they were scouting.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I also want Max back, don't care about Legursky, but I wonder whether the coaches feel he won't be able to do the zone blocking scheme they are implementing. Speed and agility aren't Max's strengths.

Hopefully one or two of the UDFAs can surprise us. They seemed to have done alot of due diligence on UDFA Off Linemen to bring in that many so quickly after the draft. Obviously it was a position they were scouting.
    I agree with you on both Max and Legursky. I'd like to see him come back, but I think there are probably questions about his mobility and, from his perspective, he is probably looking for a starting opportunity. Legursky is an adequate backup center and awful at guard. I am not particularly comfortable with Malecki as the sole backup at center and guard, and think Caldwell would be a nice addition.