Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Meeting with Winston Justice

Legend

User Info Menu

Winston Justice wouldn't be signed for depth. He'd be signed to start. This would slow the development of one of the young OT's on the roster.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but is that the right call? Or should Gilbert & Adams get thrown into the fire?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would think that Justice would be depth, which is what I would want...but is Justice really considered an upgrade though..? I highly doubt so.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this guy is a smart, tough football player.

never a bad thing to have on your team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Winston Justice wouldn't be signed for depth. He'd be signed to start. This would slow the development of one of the young OT's on the roster.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but is that the right call? Or should Gilbert & Adams get thrown into the fire?
    Are you doing what I did initially and confusing him with Eric Winston? Because Eric Winston would be brought in to start, no question. Winston Justice, on the other hand, I think is likely just a depth player.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    this guy is a smart, tough football player.

never a bad thing to have on your team.
    I didn't realize what a good season Justice had last year. If we could land him, it would really solidify our line.

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/17/snapshot-pbe-offensive-tackles/[/URL]

Top of the Tackles

When you think of the top pass protecting tackles in the league, how long is it before the name Winston Justice springs to mind? It’s gone largely unnoticed but in his 173 pass blocks he’s given up just two hurries, compared to his teammate Anthony Castonzo who has given up 19 quarterback disruptions on his 247 pass blocks. Quite the discrepancy. Castonzo is far from the bottom, so this more an indication of how rock solid Justice has been and how important it is the Colts keep him healthy.
    While Justice has the top rating there’s always more interest in left tackles, so who leads the way there? Well, step forward Ryan Clady who is picking the right time to produce his best form with his contract coming up. He’s building himself a case for Joe Thomas-type money with the Cleveland Brown left tackle just behind him in the third spot.
    It’s not a surprise to see Duane Brown fourth, but kudos to Marshall Newhouse who finds himself up in fifth overall. In 2011 he had the lowest score of all left tackles and has taken a giant leap forward. The sight of both Brown and Newhouse so high should act as a reminder to be patient with tackles, with both men having terrible seasons when they started.
    # Name Team Pass Block Snaps Total Pressure Allowed PBE
    1 Winston Justice IND 173 2 99.1
    2 Ryan Clady DEN 240 5 98.4
    3 Joe Thomas CLV 245 7 97.8
    4 Duane Brown HST 197 6 97.7
    5 Marshall Newhouse GB 263 8 97.3
    5 Branden Albert KC 233 8 97.3
    5 Jake Long MIA 213 7 97.3
    8 Jeff Backus DET 246 9 97.2
    8 Andrew Whitworth CIN 242 8 97.2
    8 Matt Kalil MIN 237 9 97.2
    11 William Beatty NYG 189 8 96.8
    12 Sebastian Vollmer NE 232 10 96.7
    12 Trent Williams WAS 165 7 96.7
    14 D'Brickashaw Ferguson NYJ 191 9 96.5
    15 Orlando Franklin DEN 238 11 96.3

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Are you doing what I did initially and confusing him with Eric Winston? Because Eric Winston would be brought in to start, no question. Winston Justice, on the other hand, I think is likely just a depth player.
    whoops.

fingers got away from the brain again. Was definitely thinking of eric winston.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh......... THAT Winston..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Free agent OT Winston Justice will visit Steelers, Browns

By Neal Coolong on Apr 29 2013

Steelers not done digging around the free agency market, likely in response to the fact they did not draft an offensive linemen in this past weekend's draft.

Multiple sources have reported the Steelers will meet with free agent offensive lineman Winston Justice. If no agreement is made (or the Steelers don't give him the leverage of lording a visit to the Browns over their heads), he intends to visit the Browns.

Neither the Steelers nor the Browns addressed the offensive line in the draft, although the Steelers brought in multiple undrafted free agent offensive linemen. The Steelers appear set with starters Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert at either right or left tackle, and Kelvin Beachum started six games at right tackle last year after both Adams and Gilbert were injured. It has been said Beachum has been working inside this offseason, and could be used to bolster interior depth.

Hence, probably why the Steelers are still looking at free agency to address the coveted swing tackle position - arguably the most valuable spot on the Steelers roster.

Exactly how much cap room the Steelers have is an interesting projection. After having signed LaRod Stephens-Howling to what is thought to be a minimum deal, the team is looking at roughly $1 million in space, which would likely be enough to sign Justice.

Justice played 12 games at right tackle for the Colts in 2012. A second round pick out of USC in 2006 by Philadelphia, he was traded to Indianapolis last year.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/4/29/4284416/steelers-roster-rumors-winston-justice-visit-offensive-line-depth-chart[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember his first NFL start when he gave up 6 sacks in one game to Osi Umenyiora.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I remember his first NFL start when he gave up 6 sacks in one game to Osi Umenyiora.
    He should fit in perfectly around here then..

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE