Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need 1.6 million to sign the draftees. Come June 1st, we'll address other depth

Legend

User Info Menu

I say Hampton's got 5 years left in him. He doesn't have to move more than a couple yards if that per play. Dude just has to be strong and anchor. And until we have someone that can replace him, I'd want to keep him around.

If your DLine is Hood, McClendon, Keisel, every one of those guys can be blocked by 1 player. Then Wood or World get doubled and we can get no pressure on the QB. The NT is the key to the 3-4. I'm not going to be surprised if our D has some challenges without Hamp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No thanks to Casey coming back. Need to get McLendon on the field and see what we have with T-mu and Fangupo. Time to move on.
    I'm right with you on this Ovi. Casey WAS great but he has had his time here. Now we need to develop some of the younger guys and tweak the defense to fill in the blanks.

I also agree with bringing Max back at least for depth if not to start.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm right with you on this Ovi. Casey WAS great but he has had his time here. Now we need to develop some of the younger guys and tweak the defense to fill in the blanks.

I also agree with bringing Max back at least for depth if not to start.
    A little OT here, but as for Hampton, I do worry about McClendon and the rest as capable fill ins. The coaching staff obviously thought that Hampton was their best option last year; if they didn't, you would have seen more of McClendon. When Farrior became less effective, you saw Foote get rotated in, but you did not see that with McClendon and Hampton last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    A little OT here, but as for Hampton, I do worry about McClendon and the rest as capable fill ins. The coaching staff obviously thought that Hampton was their best option last year; if they didn't, you would have seen more of McClendon. When Farrior became less effective, you saw Foote get rotated in, but you did not see that with McClendon and Hampton last year.
    Agree completely here... especially with a big-man, it'd be easier to get him rest with situational subbing.

I worry, we'll se more like what's happened with Max the last several years:

"Bwahaha...... We have his replacement THIS time... "
    "DOH!! You didn't lose his number, didja!?"
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sign Max and Legursky
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no legursky.

everyone here says he's a legit starting center yet nobody wants sign him apparently.

has been overrated by yinzers for years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legs will be cheap, and Casey needs to stay.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]