Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers first round pick Jarvis Jones is truly a Massive Meat Head.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers first round pick Jarvis Jones is truly a Massive Meat Head.

Jarvis Jones gets barbecue chicken likeness
    Associated Press

Published: April 24, 2013 at 05:52 a.m.
    Updated: April 24, 2013 at 09:32 a.m.

NEW YORK -- Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones hugged his likeness, a bust made out of food, and wondered if it would have the "Subway Magic." If it does, he figures he could be standing on a stage in February accepting Defensive Rookie of the Year honors from The Associated Press.

Jones will be happy to follow in Robert Griffin III's footsteps. Griffin also had a statue made of smokehouse barbecue chicken sculpted by artist James Victor. He then had one of the best seasons any rookie quarterback has put together, leading the Washington Redskins from the bottom of the NFC East to the playoffs.

"That's definitely one of my goals," Jones said Tuesday at a Manhattan Subway restaurant after playfully posing for photos with the bust that bears a remarkable resemblance. "That would be a great accomplishment to start off my career."

Jones is a likely top 15 pick (he told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that he doesn't expect to get past the Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 17), and probably the best outside linebacker in this draft. He prefers to go to a team that plays a 3-4 defense, although he isn't going to be picky.

"I'd rather a 3-4 team because it's something I know," Jones said, "but I know I can play a 4-3, too. When it was the 4-3 at Georgia, I didn't understand the concepts of football as much. I do now, and what I know makes me feel the 3-4 is the best defense for me.

"But I will just be happy to go anywhere and learn and play. I believe I can be whatever a team needs in any (defense)."

He hopes that means becoming a tackling machine like the last two top defensive rookies, Von Miller of Denver and Luke Kuechly of Carolina. And Jones wants his shot at quarterbacks.

"Guys who are legit pass rushers," he said when asked who he watches in the pros to refine his game. "Von, DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney, John Abraham, Justin Tuck."

It took more than 1,000 raisins along with other food items such as tomatoes and onions -- and, of course, the same BBQ chicken Griffin preferred -- and several weeks of sculpting to put it together.

Victor also had done such statues made out of chocolate or cheese for NASCAR drivers Kyle Busch and Terry Labonte, respectively. Subway previously had food statues made of Suh, C.J. Spiller and Mark Ingram.

Jones took a turn behind the counter making a few sandwiches, then looked ahead to Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall.

"It's something you think about when you first become a football player, being drafted and all, getting to come here to New York," he said. "Now I need to take my game to another level, to play like the pros."

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000162843/article/jarvis-jones-gets-barbecue-chicken-likeness[/URL]

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

[/QUOTE]

They do realize Jarvis isn't a white dude?

They didn't make his hair dark enough either. Actually the hair is closer to his skin color. Although I'm color blind so I could be completely off.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's the Michael Jackson version of Jarvis Jones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It's the Michael Jackson version of Jarvis Jones.
    They're predicting he'll have vitiligo. Or they just re-used Jared's head

Legend

User Info Menu

He ordered the "Ashy Larry" BBQ chicken head.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

why?

that's all I got...

why?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    why?

that's all I got...

why?
    Yeah, is that supposed to look appetizing and make me wanna go to Subway? Actually I went there for lunch after seeing this pic this morning. So subliminally it musta worked on me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

For comparison's sake, here is the RG3 food statue from draft time last year:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    why?

that's all I got...

why?
    Just so we can thumb our noses to the rest of world...while your people are dying of starvation, we are all fat Americans and we waste precious food making statues of men who get paid more than your country is worth to play a children's game for our entertainment. That's about all that I could come up with.