Rookie

User Info Menu

Predict steelers starting roster week 1

Any draft picks you see starting?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Powell View Post

I don't know if any will start, but I could see Le'veon Bell having the best chance.

Legend

User Info Menu

I say none start.

Backup

User Info Menu

Barring injury none start.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think that Bell will start.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    Barring injury none start.
    But there will be an injury and Thomas will start for Troy. I also think Bell starts unless Dwyer surprises folks even more than he did last year.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    But there will be an injury and Thomas will start for Troy. I also think Bell starts unless Dwyer surprises folks even more than he did last year.
    Thomas may have as good a shot at contributing right away as anyone. He could be used in the nickle and dime packages. I wouldn't be surprised to see him matched up with some slot WRs and taking Gay's spot or even replacing Foote next to Timmons on 3rd downs. I think there's quite a few defensive packages where they could use him right away assuming Carnell gets him coached up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Powell View Post
    Jarvis Jones, after the inevitable Jason Worilds injury.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

My call is both Jones and Bell starting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know DeCastro was supposed as a plug/play guy and didn't... but I really think both Jones and Bell bring that ability as well. I think Jones is better situated to start right away. The fact that they even had Jones so high on their radar, says something to me about what they think of Worilds (not much). Jones is probably already the better rusher, and will only have to prove adequate vs. the run to beat out Worilds.

As for Bell, even though he's supposed to be a good pass-blocker and receiver, he's going to have to prove that at the pro level.