Thread: Tight End

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    My issue with Paulson is he is a "tweener. Too small for TE and too big for FB. Seems like the classic H-back not really a TE. We don't use an H-back.

He seems to have great hands and body control but would get overwhelmed trying to block. Not tall enough to be a threat or asset in the Red Zone either.
    Am I the only one who remembers the ball that bounced off his butt into the end zone that cost us a touchdown in the San Diego debacle last year? He can't hold the line of scrimmage as a blocker whatsoever and is a real liability in that aspect of the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Am I the only one who remembers the ball that bounced off his butt into the end zone that cost us a touchdown in the San Diego debacle last year? He can't hold the line of scrimmage as a blocker whatsoever and is a real liability in that aspect of the game.
    I think we'll see alot of Spaeth, for blocking purposes, until Heath can play. Maybe Paulson will be used in 2 TE sets or rotate in and out in passing downs. I also wonder how the new zone-blocking schemes will affect the TE's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    I remember it and it was a STUPID play call to begin with...

Watch Eifert this year... I bet the same thing would happen if he was on our OL on that play. Not trying to say Paulson is in Eiferts league but blocking isn't his specialty.

Hell, I remember FWP digging in Heath's behind a few times when he whiffed on blocks. No one makes all the blocks as a TE. I've seen Heath struggle or lose battles on the OL.

Starter

User Info Menu

I have always heard that Heath is a good blocker. But it seems to me that he gets called for holding a lot. Anyone know exactly how many times? Is it more than average?