Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tight End

Legend

User Info Menu

The TE craze is hilarious..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

David Paulson is 6'4" 246lbs and ran a 4.62 40yds at his pro day when coming out.
    Dennis Pitta is 6'4" 245lbs and ran a 4.63 40yds.

Pitta scored 10 TD this year. Maybe Paulson just needs a chance to start as the primary TE and have Ben throw him the ball.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I never realized Paulson had such good hands. That's very encouraging.
    A couple of those catches are pretty amazing. I like how he catches the ball with his hands, not always his body. You would think the Steelers would of taken a TE with Heath injured and getting up there in age. Maybe they like Paulson more than people are aware.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Arians brought Saunders to Indy...
    I wish we would have held on to Saunders. I thought he had a chance to be a very good TE in Haley's offense. He seemed to have the physical attributes so it must have been a mental thing that caused them to release him instead of giving him a second chance.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The TE craze is hilarious..
    we really should have drafted Tyler Eifert in the first round, what were the Steelers thinking?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I wish we would have held on to Saunders. I thought he had a chance to be a very good TE in Haley's offense. He seemed to have the physical attributes so it must have been a mental thing that caused them to release him instead of giving him a second chance.
    I think the character issues also had an impact.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we really should have drafted Tyler Eifert in the first round, what were the Steelers thinking?
    Yeah, rather then trying to set up mismatches by forcing smaller DB's to cover bigger TE and WR, its better to have all your receivers be the exact same size.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Yeah, rather then trying to set up mismatches by forcing smaller DB's to cover bigger TE and WR, its better to have all your receivers be the exact same size.
    maybe the plan for the Steelers is to use Bell as a back out of the backfield to create the mismatch?? it doesn't always have to be a TE.
    Steelers got what is arguably the second best pass catching RB in the draft (damn Bengals grabbed Giovani)...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    maybe the plan for the Steelers is to use Bell as a back out of the backfield to create the mismatch?? it doesn't always have to be a TE.
    Steelers got what is arguably the second best pass catching RB in the draft (damn Bengals grabbed Giovani)...
    I was thinking the same thing, hand it off to Bell or have him come out of the backfield. Will Johnson has decent hands as well. I'm not concerned over the players as much as getting some creative play calling in the red zone and I'm confident Haley will improve on that.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

What's the word on DJ's health? I thought his game was coming together before he got hurt. I thought he was going to be the most improved player on the roster last year.