Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnell Lake Needs To Be Our Next DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Carnell Lake Needs To Be Our Next DC

I know everyone keeps saying Butler's the next in line, but Lake is the best coach on our D and our DBs carrying the load last year without Troy and adding Allen as a starter after what he had done to date.

Today, he was asked by Ovi (I mean a reporter) with Lebeau's system being so complex, how can you possibly work a rookie into this system?

"I think the biggest challenge is really for me to communicate as simply as possible as I can to all of our defensive backs. That’s my job. My job is to get him ready. I think since I’ve been here, going on my third year, it hasn’t really been that much of an issue. We got Cortez ready his first year. Keenan [Lewis] was struggling and I got him ready to go and he was productive as ever."

Carnell had more to say on the topic, but essentially he said when you break it all down, it's really just football and not that complicated and it's the coaches job to make it simple for the players to get them ready. And so far he seems to be the only one on the defensive coaching staff that can coach up his guys quickly and keep it simple.

Why can't the rest of them?

Freaking Carnell Lake. He can play LB, S, CB, and now he can coach too. He can literally do everything. I'd personally put him on the fast track to take over for Lebeau. And heck probably even Tomlin one day. We'd probably win the SuperBowl every year if Lake was our HC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Then let's forget about someday...make him the HC now! Hey, the GM too, while we're at it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Then let's forget about someday...make him the HC now! Hey, the GM too, while we're at it!
    LOL - I was kidding around, but seriously is there anything Lake can't do well?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    LOL - I was kidding around, but seriously is there anything Lake can't do well?
    Can he play center?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Or we could keep dick and consistently be the no 1 D every year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Powell View Post
    Or we could keep dick and consistently be the no 1 D every year.
    #1 D and missing the playoffs...no thanks! Great for a bumper sticker but not for the Steelers.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    #1 D and missing the playoffs...no thanks! Great for a bumper sticker but not for the Steelers.
    The O struggles and injuries got us out of the playoffs. You can't be no 1 D and not make the playoffs unless something is really wrong with the other side of the ball.

Injuries to QB. No consistent RB. Most of the WRs are overrated.
    Last edited by Adam Powell; 04-28-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The O struggles and injuries got us out of the playoffs. You can't be no 1 D and not make the playoffs unless something is really wrong with the other side of the ball.

I agree with you 100 percent

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd put turnovers and injuries at the top of the list as to why the team didn't make the playoffs. The team was probably good enough to overcome injuries. They were not good enough to over come turnovers. Very few teams can over come turnovers to win games a majority of the time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With Lake producing nice results from mid round picks and low level free agents, it makes you wonder what the hell Ray Horton was doing. Also makes you wonder about young defensive lineman taken in the first and mid rounds not producing.
    @_Hellgrammite