Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Your overall grade for the steelers draft class.

Rookie

User Info Menu

im giving it a b i really like 1-4,just a little nervous about Jones,if he pans out this will be an a every day of the week!!!heres hoping for Jones to be a stud!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    The 49ers have the luxury to pick a back like Lattimore as they already have a strong rushing attack which gives him time to rehab and possibly be their future RB. The Steelers on the other hand don't have that same luxury, we needed to uprade that position now with a player who could come in here and contribute early and the potencial of starting early in his career.
    Barring injury; I think Bell is starting 9/8 against the Titans. He's better than Dwyer and Redman.

Backup

User Info Menu

A+ here. Love the Bell pick, Thomas, Wheaton, Vince Williams

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One thing that I like about this draft is it leaves few starters from 2012 that don't have someone to push them. No 'scholarships' so to speak.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Totally agree. It's even nice to have a QB that may push Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I give the Steelers a B every year. Last year was a B plus b/c DeCastro fell to us but the Steelers rarely reach or made huge mistakes.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I give it a C-.

I see a couple of average starters at best, outside of jarvis jones. Bell looks like an ok RB, but certainly not a game changer. In fact, he looks just like the two we have on the roster right now with a little more upside. Same for Wheaton. Throw in the ridiculous pick of landry jones in the 4th and trading away next years 3rd, I think it was a pretty bad weekend. Not even gonna rate the later guys. Maybe 1 out of 3 will pan out.

hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 04-28-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The more I read, the more positive this draft seems. They are all strong picks, I think. A to A- range draft. Liking some of the FA's too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Powell View Post
    Im 17 genius. Do the math.

And what proof do you have *******? Cause from the comments of some of the other people on this board you seem like the neighborhood troll.

Nothing more than a pile of dirt who didn't watch any of the steelers rings cause his mommy thought it was too violent.

Yeah Im a lemming. Says the guy who thinks anything that happened before the Internet and this forum never happened.

Your fandom is staring at a screen and playing WOW since you think every steeler fan needs to be on the Internet.

lol....17.
    ive forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.
    i could tell by your A+ rating that you are a johnny come lately steeler fan and have no clue about football in general.
    hell, i have a daughter that talks more intelligent than you about the game and the state of the steelers. she's 19 by the way.
    so take your 'im a real fan horse****' somewhere else and try spending your free time trying to get to firsr base with a girl for the first time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I give it a C-.

I see a couple of average starters at best, outside of jarvis jones. Bell looks like an ok RB, but certainly not a game changer. In fact, he looks just like the two we have on the roster right now with a little more upside. Same for Wheaton. Throw in the ridiculous pick of landry jones in the 4th and trading away next years 3rd, I think it was a pretty bad weekend. Not even gonna rate the later guys. Maybe 1 out of 3 will pan out.

hope I'm wrong.

damn, wish you worked for the Steelers FO. you obviously have insight they all sorely lack. I suppose you picked Mike Wallace in 2008 to be a future star in the NFL. Or you clearly knew that Limas Sweed, minus the hype, wouldn't even hold a spot on the roster, or Willie Reid in 2006 wouldn't make it past his first season. I am sure you were screaming for the Steelers to trade up in 2003 to grab Troy Polamalu as well.
    Easy to call them all average, then when they surprise, simply claim 'my bad, great pick'. The guys that do it for a living have a lot more at stake than that.