Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need 1.6 million to sign the draftees. Come June 1st, we'll address other depth

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We need 1.6 million to sign the draftees. Come June 1st, we'll address other depth

Wexell has stated that we will only need 1.6 million to sign this draft class. We have 5 Million in cap room coming June 1st.

I would guess we'll address our O-line depth issues and perhaps TE at that time. Perhaps an Antoine Caldwell? Do we still look to sign Ahmad Bradshaw in June?

Bradshaw, Bell, Lerod Stephens-Howling. That seems like a pretty good backfield.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that since the draft isover you will see Free Agents getting signed at a rapid pace since teams now know what they have. I doubt much of any value will be left after June 1.

That said I still want Max Starks back.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I agree with Oviedo, we need Max for one more year. I'm still not sure Adams is the answer at LT. Great draft in my estimation!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think that since the draft isover you will see Free Agents getting signed at a rapid pace since teams now know what they have. I doubt much of any value will be left after June 1.

That said I still want Max Starks back.
    I think you'll see Max back. I'm not sure you going to see many more signings than before the draft.

Who will sign Bradshaw now? Denver, Green Bay, and the Steelers showed the most interest and they all took running backs in the 2nd.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's enough to bring Max and Casey back.

We're probably ok for now at RB. If Dwyer's in shape he's a heck of a back.

Possibly look for a TE or ILB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

No thanks to Casey coming back. Need to get McLendon on the field and see what we have with T-mu and Fangupo. Time to move on.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

I don't think Casey's coming back. Yes to Max.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    I agree with Oviedo, we need Max for one more year. I'm still not sure Adams is the answer at LT. Great draft in my estimation!!
    i dont think adams is the answer at all i feel he a backup at best i dont care how young he is

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Wexell has stated that we will only need 1.6 million to sign this draft class. We have 5 Million in cap room coming June 1st.

I would guess we'll address our O-line depth issues and perhaps TE at that time. Perhaps an Antoine Caldwell? Do we still look to sign Ahmad Bradshaw in June?

Bradshaw, Bell, Lerod Stephens-Howling. That seems like a pretty good backfield.
    Caldwell would make a lot of sense.

I could also see the Steelers using some of that money for extensions. Since you elected not to take the third for Sanders, I think you need to try to extend him. Maybe lock up Cortez Allen early.