Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your overall grade for the steelers draft class.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    B +

Only pick I didnt like was the Bell pick. Hopefully he bucks the trend of Big10 rbs.
    I'm with you on that pick as well; however, I did like the way he catches the ball.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    C................as george costanza says, 'right in the meaty part of the curve'
    the bell pick and jones pick were huge disappointments

how nice would it have been to take the trade that dallas did and let NE sign sanders?
    So enlighten us. Why is taking a 2 time All-American OLB to play that same position for the Steelers such a disappointment. Exactly how did Colbert and Tomlin fail here? You are the expert, please let us know.

Legend

User Info Menu

every board needs a guy like me to negate the fans like you who rate every draft an A+
    You may be able to balance out his A+, but can you balance out my A+++? I think not. That's 3 +s bro.

And I didn't care for some of the picks. I just think Jones and Thomas are that good. And one day in the future, you're coming over to the 3 +s side

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

says the guy who has 5 posts and just joined..............we calls those posters bandwagon fans
    2012 looks like bandwagon too, buddy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

says the guy who has 5 posts and just joined..............we calls those posters bandwagon fans
    Oh Im sorry. Did you not read my last thread?

My family watched the immaculate reception happen live. My Dad watched all 6 SBs. My grandpa has a framed terrible towel signed by Myron cope. My Dad has Frenchy Fuquas, Rocky Bleier, and Merril Hoges autograph. So before you question my fan background how about you look in the mirror? Cause my families been with the steelers while you were still a sperm. Little brat.

I didn't realize every steeler fan in the world was on this forum. Sorry I didn't follow the squidkid( aka troll) code of fandom.
    Last edited by Adam Powell; 04-27-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

A- as I believe rounds 1-4 couldn't have been much better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am VERY pumped about the first part of this draft compared to last years. Jones, Bell, Thomas is WAY better than a very raw Adams, Spence, T'amu, Rainey!! Bam!

Backup

User Info Menu

Second post ... born in 1969 ... baby pics taken in Steelers gear ... been through Bradshaw, Bubby, Neil, Tomczak, Graham, Maddox etc. as QB's. Saw all the bad from the 80's and still stayed Steeler Strong ... So, does that mean since I wasn't on "THIS" board that I'm a bandwagon fan?
    In any event .... I give this draft a solid "A" based on anticipated production ... that said, "anticipation" doesn't always match reality does it ... Otherwise Sweed would have panned out and we probably wouldn't have drafted Wallace; whose departure has led to Wheaton.
    Still, if top picks pan out and a guy like Williams steps up, this will be remembered as a good, solid draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I loved both the Jones and Thomas picks also. I wasn't thrilled with Bell or Wheaton. I didn't want a RB that early and I wanted a better red zone target (Read big guy who can go get the ball). I did like the Landry pick. Overall I give the Steeler draft a B-.

Of course now that these guys are Steelers I love each and every one of them and hope they all turn into superstars.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm cautiously optimistic about the draft. I didn't really know what to make of Jones as the process went on. Early on, I thought there was no way the Steelers would have a chance to draft him. Later, I wasn't sure that I wanted them to. Watching more film of him, he isn't James Harrison by any stretch, but I think he can and will be an effective rusher.

I'm actually fine with the Bell pick. As the draft got closer, I saw a lot of people suggest that he might be the best all around back in the draft, and if that was how the Steelers evaluated him, I have no problem with him ahead of Lacy, who I never particularly cared for. Think Wheaton and Thomas were great picks.

I hate the Landry Jones selection. I knew the Steelers would draft a QB, but I would rather have had one later. Jones' weakness is supposed to be dealing with pressure; not good for a backup QB who is playing behind a line that has been shaky at times. I hate the Justin Brown pick and know little about the corner, linebacker or DE, but the DE does have some pretty incredible athleticism.

The Steelers checked just about all the "need" boxes except for OL depth. I hope that this was not done at the expense of BPA.

I'm cautiously optimistic about that draft class.