Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Your overall grade for the steelers draft class.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    damn, wish you worked for the Steelers FO. you obviously have insight they all sorely lack. I suppose you picked Mike Wallace in 2008 to be a future star in the NFL. Or you clearly knew that Limas Sweed, minus the hype, wouldn't even hold a spot on the roster, or Willie Reid in 2006 wouldn't make it past his first season. I am sure you were screaming for the Steelers to trade up in 2003 to grab Troy Polamalu as well.
    Easy to call them all average, then when they surprise, simply claim 'my bad, great pick'. The guys that do it for a living have a lot more at stake than that.

whats the other option? to claim that every pick was an A+ and then when the suck pretend you never said it or claim you were just supporting the team?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    damn, wish you worked for the Steelers FO. you obviously have insight they all sorely lack. I suppose you picked Mike Wallace in 2008 to be a future star in the NFL. Or you clearly knew that Limas Sweed, minus the hype, wouldn't even hold a spot on the roster, or Willie Reid in 2006 wouldn't make it past his first season. I am sure you were screaming for the Steelers to trade up in 2003 to grab Troy Polamalu as well.
    Easy to call them all average, then when they surprise, simply claim 'my bad, great pick'. The guys that do it for a living have a lot more at stake than that.
    just giving my opinion doofus.

never said you had to agree with it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    lol....17.
    ive forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.
    i could tell by your A+ rating that you are a johnny come lately steeler fan and have no clue about football in general.
    hell, i have a daughter that talks more intelligent than you about the game and the state of the steelers. she's 19 by the way.
    so take your 'im a real fan horse****' somewhere else and try spending your free time trying to get to firsr base with a girl for the first time.
    Funny how you forget everything I said about my family. Probably don't even know the presidents name.
    Firsr base? It's really pathetic when a grown old man can't even spell.

1. Uh I didn't give it a rating dumbass. I made the thread. Go try to find a post where I gave a rating.

2. I have a girlfriend. And luckily our parents didn't spend time on the Internet while their kids spent time being some boys chew toy. By the time she's 21 she'll think the bottle will be a better father.

3. Yeah sure Dad. Arguing with people on the Internet. Father of the year right here. I'm sure your daughters baby daddy is a better daddy than you.

Kid you wish you had a daughter. Probably too young to know what first base is.

I don't why you somehow think that saying " I have a daughter " somehow makes you wiser cause based off your attitude, you probably just got a drunk 16 yr old pregnant.
    Last edited by Adam Powell; 04-28-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

whats the other option? to claim that every pick was an A+ and then when the suck pretend you never said it or claim you were just supporting the team?
    Fortune teller right here.

Legend

User Info Menu

The point is, very few picks are 'sure things'. Picking the future superstars, knowing when to pick them, and how to prevent others from taking them before you do, is a lot tougher than what shows on TV. Nobody touched a RB until the second round, but by the time the round was over, they were picked clean... it goes that quick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The only grade that I disagree with is the Landry Jones pick. It's a fourth round pick for a quarterback that in his sophomore year was being touted as a top 10 pick when he comes out. The Steelers need a young and hopefully reliable backup for Ben. This kid is going to get snaps, because Ben isn't changing the way he plays and he'll miss 2-3 games per year. Jones either develops and can replace Ben or develops and becomes trade bait, he's sharp as a tack when it comes to football (if you watched Gruden's QB camp) and he can make the throws. With the run on quarterbacks in the 4th round it was prudent to take him if you wanted to begin the process of replacing Ben.

Pappy
    Yep. I don't care what the negatives on this kid are, his football IQ is very high. Watch some of the sooners' games and you will see what I mean; he can read a D and figure out just the right play for it, scan his progressions and hit the right receiver along with the best of the rest of them. That IQ will make up for other things in the long run, given that he does have the physical tools. I really like this pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Powell View Post
    Oh Im sorry. Did you not read my last thread?

My family watched the immaculate reception happen live. My Dad watched all 6 SBs. My grandpa has a framed terrible towel signed by Myron cope. My Dad has Frenchy Fuquas, Rocky Bleier, and Merril Hoges autograph. So before you question my fan background how about you look in the mirror? Cause my families been with the steelers while you were still a sperm. Little brat.

I didn't realize every steeler fan in the world was on this forum. Sorry I didn't follow the squidkid( aka troll) code of fandom.
    Its pointless to get into a pissing match on a bboard, dude. His opinion, your opinion. Most of us don't care who's the superior fan. We do care for your opinions, particularly if there's some rationale behind it, since it broadens our own perspective, and we generally enjoy hearing about the steelers -- that's why we're here. The rest is hooey. If he calls you on having only 5 posts, rather than what you know of the game, he's being absurd. If you call him back because your granddad watched the steelers, you're joining him on his soapbox.

Legend

User Info Menu

Was wondering when Chadman should invest in his next box of popcorn..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the story behind drafting Williams in rd 7 is pretty interesting. Makes one wonder if the personal connection to the Steelers staff wasn't there, would he have been drafted at all? Seems to be a heck of an athlete, but a very raw project, let's hope he is another Keisel in the making!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Was wondering when Chadman should invest in his next box of popcorn..
    I'd like to join you once you determine the time.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount