Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vince Williams

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    If Worild's has a fantastic year, Woodley performs well, and Jones shows he is what we hope he is....GREAT!

let Worilds sign a big contract somewhere else and get a good comp pick in return
    I agree. It´s always better have three good players for two positions that one good player for those two positions. For that there is always a solution.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Worild's has a fantastic year, Woodley performs well, and Jones shows he is what we hope he is....GREAT!

let Worilds sign a big contract somewhere else and get a good comp pick in return
    Why, Jones will have a very reasonable contract at pick 17. If that scenario happens, I say you try to hang on to Worilds, Jones, and Woodley for a few seasons.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep. Because you're always just one injury away from being down to just two good OLB's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Why, Jones will have a very reasonable contract at pick 17. If that scenario happens, I say you try to hang on to Worilds, Jones, and Woodley for a few seasons.
    If that scenario plays out, then Worilds as a very expensive 3rd OLB will be a luxury the team cannot afford. When you get the opportunity to have a quality starter as a cheap contract, you have to use that advantage to improve other areas of the team, not throw more money at that same position for depth.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If that scenario plays out, then Worilds as a very expensive 3rd OLB will be a luxury the team cannot afford. When you get the opportunity to have a quality starter as a cheap contract, you have to use that advantage to improve other areas of the team, not throw more money at that same position for depth.
    It worked with Harrison and Woodley. If Woodley had produced last year, it would have worked very well. Why wouldn't it work with Worilds, Woodley, and Jones? It would work especially well because Jones will be under contract at a very low cap amount for 5 years.

Worilds won't command a Harrison or Woodley like deal after one big year. You can keep Worilds, Woodley, and Jones for two years.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    It worked with Harrison and Woodley. If Woodley had produced last year, it would have worked very well. Why wouldn't it work with Worilds, Woodley, and Jones? It would work especially well because Jones will be under contract at a very low cap amount for 5 years.

Worilds won't command a Harrison or Woodley like deal after one big year. You can keep Worilds, Woodley, and Jones for two years.
    that would have to depend on your definition of 'worked out'. IMO, the HUGE contracts given to both Woodley and Harrison severely limited the ability of the FO to operate and fill the holes they needed to. That's why Harrison had to get cut when he was still able to produce, and Woodley is being called out endlessly for not performing to his salary.

Legend

User Info Menu

speaking of OLBs, I think Worilds has the biggest potential of all 3 of those guys. He's the size of a Dlineman with a Timmons like burst. But he fits best on the left where Woodley plays. JJ's a perfect fit on the right. He's relentless. Just like another guy that I think is going to be the biggest long term surprise in robinson who is also a relentless pass rusher who just fits on the right.

i think we could end up with a solid 4 man rotation.

and back to williams, if the kid can play for 2 downs and we put shark on the field next to timmy on 3rd down, that's not so bad and option.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    speaking of OLBs, I think Worilds has the biggest potential of all 3 of those guys. He's the size of a Dlineman with a Timmons like burst. But he fits best on the left where Woodley plays. JJ's a perfect fit on the right. He's relentless. Just like another guy that I think is going to be the biggest long term surprise in robinson who is also a relentless pass rusher who just fits on the right.

i think we could end up with a solid 4 man rotation.

and back to williams, if the kid can play for 2 downs and we put shark on the field next to timmy on 3rd down, that's not so bad and option.
    My thoughts too. Too bad for Carter who seems the odd man here. I really hope they carry 5 OLBs and he is still on the team. I think he is a player.
    Steeler Nation in Spain