Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers have a new QB - Landry Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i'm stoked!! that was my guy all along.
    this is the only QB in this draft I wanted the Steelers to take. He was in my first mock.

Legend

User Info Menu

I. Love. This. Pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

all the holes this team has and they basically trade away next years 3rd to get a third string qb that will more than likely be nothing more than a clipbboard holder for the next 6 years

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm liking today much better than I liked yesterday
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    all the holes this team has and they basically trade away next years 3rd to get a third string qb that will more than likely be nothing more than a clipbboard holder for the next 6 years
    agree.

brilliant!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    the Steelers traded away next year's #3 pick to select SS Shamarko Thomas, not QB Landry Jones.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Landry Jones completed 66.1% of his passes last year, without an elite WR core. Jones has great size, a strong arm with good touch, a quick release, he doesn't throw many picks, he isn't sacked that often and was a 4 year starter. What is not to like?

Prediction: either Ben Roethlisberger or Landry Jones is going to net a great return in a trade with in the next couple of years. Like a Hershel Walker trade.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Landry Jones completed 66.1% of his passes last year, without an elite WR core. Jones has great size, a strong arm with good touch, a quick release, he doesn't throw many picks, he isn't sacked that often and was a 4 year starter. What is not to like?

Prediction: either Ben Roethlisberger or Landry Jones is going to net a great return in a trade with in the next couple of years. Like a Hershel Walker trade.

If it gets to that point where Jones is good enough that Ben can go, I sure as heck hope they do it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    If it gets to that point where Jones is good enough that Ben can go, I sure as heck hope they do it.
    And I am sure like me, you love Ben and this isn't a knock or an attack on him. It's about having the foresight to look down the round and do what is best for the organization. Hey maybe it's Landry Jones that the Steelers can trade to get something great back in return. Who knows?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers draft Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones in fourth round

By Neal Coolong on Apr 27 2013

Oklahoma's all-time passing leader is the Steelers newest quarterback.

Turns out, the Steelers were, in fact, looking to bring in a young passer this season.

After trading up with Miami in the fourth round to select safety Shamarko Thomas, the Steelers selected Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones with the 115th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Jones, a prototypical built quarterback, shows good accuracy and touch on his passes. Once considered a higher level prospect, he broke several Oklahoma passing records in his time there.

One knock on him is a longer wind-up coupled with a less-than-ideal release point. His slower delivery could be seen as a problem, but considering the Steelers' need to bring in a capable back-up who will be with the team in the future, Jones at this spot makes a lot of sense.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/4/27/4274972/steelers-draft-quarterback-landry-jones/in/4031321[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha