Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Steelers have a new QB - Landry Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

I found this recent quote by Charlie Batch to be quite interesting:

"Big picture, maybe they're thinking, 'Can we develop Landry Jones to be the starter? Maybe two years from now, he could be our guy for the next 10 years.' We don't know. But with the contracts for quarterbacks these days, he'd certainly be a heck of a lot cheaper than Ben at age 34 or 35 or 36."

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...uccess-685435/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

"Big picture, maybe they're thinking, 'Can we develop Landry Jones to be the starter? Maybe two years from now, he could be our guy for the next 10 years.' We don't know. But with the contracts for quarterbacks these days, he'd certainly be a heck of a lot cheaper than Ben at age 34 or 35 or 36."

It's just logical.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Why is Charlie hatin? LOL... seriously, this makes sense. Does anyone really think we will give Ben another 100 mill? I don't. We are pretty frugal when it comes to paying old vets...

This is probably it for Ben... we will move him or do like we always do with our best players... let them freaking walk out the door without getting anything in return.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whether they ever let Ben "just walk" is totally dependent on how close we are to a Super Bowl two years from now. If we are a contender Ben will get resigned. No way they let the key to #7 leave if we have a chance. If our window has closed he will be allowed to walk.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Whether they ever let Ben "just walk" is totally dependent on how close we are to a Super Bowl two years from now. If we are a contender Ben will get resigned. No way they let the key to #7 leave if we have a chance. If our window has closed he will be allowed to walk.
    I partially agree but think it depends more on the development of Landry. If he is ready, they will cut Ben contender or no.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thinking Ben's gone in 2-3 years tells me everyone's drunk on the draft. That's a silly thought unless he gets hurt and can't play.

Gotta remember, the most popular guy in Pittsburgh is always the backup QB. No matter what.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I partially agree but think it depends more on the development of Landry. If he is ready, they will cut Ben contender or no.
    We can disagree. No way they cut a QB who has been to three Super Bowls winning two if we are a legit contender. They probably also remember how badly the Bradshaw ending happened and wouldn't want to repeat that for the best QB in franchise history.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Thinking Ben's gone in 2-3 years tells me everyone's drunk on the draft. That's a silly thought unless he gets hurt and can't play.

Gotta remember, the most popular guy in Pittsburgh is always the backup QB. No matter what.
    Go look at Steve Mcnair's career arc. Ben has taken a lot of huge shots. His style of play is not conducive to playing 6 more years. 3-4 tops.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Go look at Steve Mcnair's career arc. Ben has taken a lot of huge shots. His style of play is not conducive to playing 6 more years. 3-4 tops.
    It's apples to oranges because Ben's got a cannon for an arm and can make any throw flat footed. I think his arm + Haley's offense will keep him alive much longer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's apples to oranges because Ben's got a cannon for an arm and can make any throw flat footed. I think his arm + Haley's offense will keep him alive much longer.
    Did you watch Steve "Air" Mcnair? He had every bit the cannon Ben does. They are very similar players. They both ran to throw instead of running for yardage.

Mcnair had the same tendancy to hold the ball for the big play. Ben is not abandoning that, he' incapable of adjusting to it.