Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers have a new QB - Landry Jones

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the Steelers traded away next year's #3 pick to select SS Shamarko Thomas, not QB Landry Jones.

i know who they drafted with the actual traded pick. point is, they never would have passed on thomas at that point to draft landry if they only had 1 pick in the 4th. even tomlin isnt that stupid

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Bill Polian had him as the best QB in this draft. And he really didn't have much of a supporting cast this past year. I like the pick. He is the next great QB for the Steelers....of course after Ben is done.

We drafted one of his supporting cast today.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Im just happy to finally draft a white guy at QB.
    Know how I know you're a yinzer?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    And I am sure like me, you love Ben and this isn't a knock or an attack on him. It's about having the foresight to look down the round and do what is best for the organization. Hey maybe it's Landry Jones that the Steelers can trade to get something great back in return. Who knows?

I would see no reason to trade Jones if he is good enough to be traded. With Ben's age and injury history, you trade him or let him walk in FA and take a 3rd round comp pick.

Giving Ben another contract after this one ends IMO will put the team in a terrible salary cap position seeing as how the Joe Flacco's of the league are now pulling down 20+ million a year. That is why as much as I like Ben as this team's QB and realize how good he is, it was so important to get a new QB in who could some day lead this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Know how I know you're a yinzer?
    It's ok... I'm black

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm pretty stoked that the Steelers drafted Landry Jones! Didn't think he would have been there for us, but we got him! However, Tyler Bray is still available...possibly UDFA signing and place on practice squad?

Also...will Jarvis Jones have J.Jones on his jersey and Landry having L.Jones on his jersey...or will it not matter since one is on offense and the other on defense?
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    Kid seems really smart! Hope he pans out to be Roethlisberger's replacement in a few years!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Bill Polian says Landry Jones is the best QB in the draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 19, 2013

In the 1998 NFL draft, Colts General Manager Bill Polian had a decision to make: Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf? He chose right, and as a result his job in Indianapolis was safe as long Manning was there.

Now Polian is playing a different role, analyzing the draft for ESPN, and he was asked to pick the best quarterback in this year’s draft. Polian’s surprising answer? Oklahoma’s Landry Jones.

Polian said he attended the 2011 Oklahoma-Texas A&M game and watched Jones complete 18/38 passes for 255 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions, and Polian thought Jones compared favorably to Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who was last year’s No. 8 overall pick and is now the Dolphins’ starter.

“He was a good one, and when he had a good supporting cast around him, he was great,” Polian said of Jones. “I was at the game in Norman where he beat Tannehill head-to-head, in a very, very fierce wind. So this guy has been a winner, he’s got stature, he’s got arm strength — he can make all the throws. He sees the field quite well, and he’s a natural leader.”

Polian acknowledged that there are concerns about Jones, including his lack of mobility, and he said he doesn’t see a Peyton Manning in this year’s draft. But he thinks if there’s a quarterback who’s going to make an instant impact for an NFL team in 2013, it’s Jones.

“I don’t think anybody in this group is going to be able to step in right away and lead the team, but if you ask me, who’s the guy who’s most ready, and who’s the guy who’s had the most winning experience, it would be Landry Jones,” Polian said.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/19/bill-polian-says-landry-jones-is-the-best-qb-in-the-draft/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This pick will pay off for us. I like it.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!