Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 4-7 Wishlist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Round 4-7 Wishlist?

Anybody got any positions/players they'd like to see taken?

I'm thinking, S, QB, TE, NT in no particular order. And quite possibly a CB or another WR.

At this point, if Barkley's there in the 4th, why not.
    Hoping for one of the Thomas boys (Shamarko, Phillip).
    Montori Hughes, wouldn't be a bad later rounder at NT..

anyway, your thoughts?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeles will have to add a Safety you'd imagine, and Round 4 is looking about the right spot- if they wait much longer they are just picking up scrubs. Shamarko Thomas & Phillip Thomas are certainly possibilities, but Tony Jefferson & Josh Evans have to come into consideration around this pick. Bacarri Rambo is starting to look really good value too. Keelan Johnson might be worth a look late.

The Steelers tend to look for those raw, unrefined CB types, so BW Webb might fit too. Jordan Poyer might be too hard to pass up.

Vince Williams as an ILB option looks good, as does Kevin Riddick of NC State or Steve Beauharnais from Rutgers.

Nicholas Williams out of Samford as a DE option.

Really intrigued by Denard Robinson, even though the Steelers added a RB & WR already.

Quassenberry might be interesting, particularly if he gets into the 5th Round.

But, in saying all that- if Khaseem Greene is still there, he would surely get a long look.

If Chadman had to choose.... Poyer in Round 4 if he's there, simply for value purposes.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Steeles will have to add a Safety you'd imagine, and Round 4 is looking about the right spot- if they wait much longer they are just picking up scrubs. Shamarko Thomas & Phillip Thomas are certainly possibilities, but Tony Jefferson & Josh Evans have to come into consideration around this pick. Bacarri Rambo is starting to look really good value too. Keelan Johnson might be worth a look late.

The Steelers tend to look for those raw, unrefined CB types, so BW Webb might fit too. Jordan Poyer might be too hard to pass up.

Vince Williams as an ILB option looks good, as does Kevin Riddick of NC State or Steve Beauharnais from Rutgers.

Nicholas Williams out of Samford as a DE option.

Really intrigued by Denard Robinson, even though the Steelers added a RB & WR already.

Quassenberry might be interesting, particularly if he gets into the 5th Round.

But, in saying all that- if Khaseem Greene is still there, he would surely get a long look.

If Chadman had to choose.... Poyer in Round 4 if he's there, simply for value purposes.
    Chadman, you knocked it outta the park with Williams and Williams and I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys measure up at mini-camp.

When I compared Poyer and Hawthorne side-by-side, I came away more impressed with Hawthorne. Besides, his injury last year contributed in no small way to the flame out that the Illini experienced. Hawthorne will be a much more physical presence and should push Willie Gay for PT in third-down sets.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend

User Info Menu

Safety or ILB in the next round

i could see another WR or QB possibly as wewellie if NT Williams falls down to us

Backup

User Info Menu

DB or ILB in round 4 definitely..

Legend

User Info Menu

A safety, ILB and OL depth would be great from a purely positional perspective. However, I'd like to see the Steelers stay true to their board and go with the BPA.

If Khaseem Greene is a second on their board, or if they like somebody like Franklin or Rodgers, I'm fine with them doubling up at any of the positions they have drafted.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    A safety, ILB and OL depth would be great from a purely positional perspective. However, I'd like to see the Steelers stay true to their board and go with the BPA.

If Khaseem Greene is a second on their board, or if they like somebody like Franklin or Rodgers, I'm fine with them doubling up at any of the positions they have drafted.

What if is Okafor who is there for our pick? I think the guy is a beast.
    Last edited by SteelSpain; 04-27-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

I liked their board with the Wheaton and Jones pick. The Bell pick definitely made me question their board and BPA strategy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I liked their board with the Wheaton and Jones pick. The Bell pick definitely made me question their board and BPA strategy.
    I had read some buzz suggesting that Bell might actually be the first pick taken in the draft. I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but don't hate it, either.

I would have liked to see Brown, the ILB, in that spot, and hate that he ended up with the Ravens. Hopefully Bell is as good as some are saying he is.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Stedman Bailey was a better WR option than Wheaton so I think their whole board is screwed.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!