Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 4-7 Wishlist?

Legend

User Info Menu

Now, i'm terrified... in adding Landry jones, they've taken ALL guys that I've spoke higly of at some point or another (except for Wheaton, who I like what I've read)... I hope i was right on 'em all..
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I would love to Shamarko Thomas get drafted with the 4th round pick and Landry Jones with the 5th round pick. The way I look at it, hopefully, Jones would be the best option as backup to Ben and if he develops and Ben is still playing at a high level he has value as a trade option. The Steelers need to begin to think about quarterback a little bit, IMO.

Shamarko Thomas begins the process of replacing Clark or Polamalu which is probably only a season maybe two away.

I'd also like to see Brad Wing get drafted with the 7th round pick and hopefully, he doesn't have a knee that will become a chronic problem for him. The Steelers need to improve special teams play and a punter would be a good start being drafted at a place that you rarely find gold.

Pappy
    Damn Pappy what do you have insider information, plus you have been holding out.

Backup

User Info Menu

I would love to Shamarko Thomas get drafted with the 4th round pick and Landry Jones with the 5th round pick. The way I look at it, hopefully, Jones would be the best option as backup to Ben and if he develops and Ben is still playing at a high level he has value as a trade option. The Steelers need to begin to think about quarterback a little bit, IMO.

Shamarko Thomas begins the process of replacing Clark or Polamalu which is probably only a season maybe two away.

I'd also like to see Brad Wing get drafted with the 7th round pick and hopefully, he doesn't have a knee that will become a chronic problem for him. The Steelers need to improve special teams play and a punter would be a good start being drafted at a place that you rarely find gold.

Pappy

Steeler Nation in Spain

Backup

User Info Menu

Reid Fragel (OT)
    HT: 6'8" WT: 308LBS.
    POSITION: OT
    SCHOOL: Ohio St.
    ARM LENGTH: 33"
    HANDS: 10 5/8"

Backup

User Info Menu

GRADE

Reid Fragel (OT)
    HT: 6'8" WT: 308LBS.
    POSITION: OT
    SCHOOL: Ohio St.
    ARM LENGTH: 33"
    HANDS: 10 5/8"
    Overview
    The departure of both of Ohio State’s starting tackles from the 2011 season forced Buckeyes coaches to look for answers at those crucial spots. It was no surprise that they picked Fragel to move inside from his blocking tight end role last spring, and during the offseason his frame easily added the weight necessary to play in the Big Ten. He then went on to start all 12 games at right tackle for the Buckeyes during his senior year.

Fragel was a Detroit all-metro pick as a senior, and played every game his first three years in Columbus. After playing on special teams as a true freshman, he started five games in 2010, catching nine passes for 121 yards and a touchdown against Iowa. Fragel started four games in his junior year, but continued to be mostly used as a blocker in the run game (five receptions, 64 yards) for a team lacking a great passing offense.
    COMBINE STATS
    40 YARD DASH: 5.14 SEC
    BENCH PRESS: 33 REPS
    VERTICAL JUMP: 30.0 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 113.0 INCH
    3 CONE DRILL: 7.62 SEC
    20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.68 SEC
    ANALYSIS
    Strengths
    Tall, long lineman who has maintained his athleticism despite adding strength throughout his frame-and he still has room to grow in the upper and lower bodies. Doesn’t play like the typical former tight end, gets after defensive ends on the outside and can move tackles off the line in the run game with leverage and strong legs. Attacks ends in pass protection, rides them around the pocket. Flashes lateral movement and quick steps to cut off the edge (on twists, as well), mirror spin moves, or cut off the inside lane. Quick enough off the snap to reach block tackles or take linebackers out of the hole so running backs can cut back. Uses athleticism to take an end around the edge and then quickly get downfield to block on draw plays. Picks up interior blitzers instead of being taken outside by the end. Widens his base in pass protection to prevent getting bulled. Plays with attitude, will extend at the end of plays to finish when in position. Shows some recovery speed if taking a wrong step off the snap, should only improve there because of his athleticism. Attacks the inside shoulder in the running game to automatically put his body in the correct position. Shoulders are over toes when asked to immediately get to the second level. Continues to fight even if put in an awkward, losing position.
    Weaknesses
    Still learning the position, and how to play with additional weight, because of his late switch to the offensive line. Needs to hit his hands inside more consistently to control his target off the snap. Strength is lacking in his grip, can occasionally be thrown around or lunge forward because of it. Overaggressive at times in both pass pro and on run blocks, opponents take advantage of his leaning to push him upfield or get him off-balance. Will stop his feet at times while the play continues, allowing his man to get into plays if they are extended. Inconsistent getting down quickly on his cut blocks, though opponents find it hard to get around them. Must consistently move his feet after latching onto his opponent to prevent getting shed.
    NFL Comparison
    Eric Winston
    Bottom Line
    The tight end to offensive tackle conversion is a transition NFL evaluators have started to covet, and Fragel fits the. Despite possessing a Matt Kalil-type frame, Fragel started all 12 games in his final seasonon the right side and showed very little trouble anchoring against stronger pass rushers. His experience is limited on the left side, but Fragel could be groomed to block on the blind side or make a career on the right side after adding weight. Though he’s obviously still learning the position, NFL teams consider him a potential starter at the next level because of his overall athleticism and upside.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I doubt it'll happen but I'd still draft Lattimore. I think Phillip Thomas is still available (which is odd).
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I doubt it'll happen but I'd still draft Lattimore. I think Phillip Thomas is still available (which is odd).
    DAMNIT... I KNEW IT. The 49ers selected Lattimore.

Administrator

User Info Menu

DAMNIT. Phillip Thomas has been selected to by the skins. I step away for a couple minutes and miss this..

Legend

User Info Menu

and what do you say about the rest of the draft....(where's that popcorn smilie when you need it)
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Jesse Williams in the 5th? The guy must have a medical issue. He's a beast.
    Here comes the BOOM!