Thread: The Press Conferences Are Awesome

Legend

User Info Menu

The Press Conferences Are Awesome

Haley was talking about Wheaton and he said he's way faster on the football field and game tape than his combine numbers. And then went on to say when you really like a kid, you actually root for him to put up bad combine numbers and run a slow 40.

And he seemed to get a good chuckle about Jarvis and Wheaton running so slow.

How fast is Wheaton? Haley was making it sound like his 4.45 40 was as bad for him as Jarvis's 4.9 was for him.

And if that's true, is Wheaton really faster than Austin for example?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Haley was talking about Wheaton and he said he's way faster on the football field and game tape than his combine numbers. And then went on to say when you really like a kid, you actually root for him to put up bad combine numbers and run a slow 40.

And he seemed to get a good chuckle about Jarvis and Wheaton running so slow.

How fast is Wheaton? Haley was making it sound like his 4.45 40 was as bad for him as Jarvis's 4.9 was for him.

And if that's true, is Wheaton really faster than Austin for example?
    Come on Flip were is the link?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

...........no
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley mentioned Kirby looks at what RBs do when no one's blocking for them. Made me think, we watch all these highlights, but coaches are actually watching the lowlights. And that's why it's hard for us to judge a player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Haley mentioned Kirby looks at what RBs do when no one's blocking for them. Made me think, we watch all these highlights, but coaches are actually watching the lowlights. And that's why it's hard for us to judge a player.
    I usually go watch the lowlights, too... usually, I'll pick a game and just watch the kid... they're all over youtube and it takes about the same amount of time as a highlight reel (5-10 min)... prolly why they like the guys I like... cuz I'm RIGHT -
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville