Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inside backer

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Jones in 1, and I like Bell but thought 2 was high although we probably wouldn't have got him in the 3rd so no complaints. We got the RB we liked best. I liked Stedman Bailey a lot, but will defer to the Steelers and Haley on the best WR for the system they are trying to run. If we took Wheaton simply to replace Sanders after this year then I would of preferred they just let Sanders go now. Wallace could play games because we really didn't have someone that could replace what he does. Maybe taking Wheaton is just a safeguard in case Sanders felt like he could slack off or try and play the Steelers out trying to 'not get hurt' the way Wallace did.

All in all hard to complain. All players have come at positions of need. Time to get a safety, or two!

one question...is it too outlandish to think that maybe Plax could line up at TE in some two TE sets? He is a big guy with really good hands and proved last year he can make grabs in tight spaces and take a hit. I can guarantee he is working hard this offseason to try and extend his career as long as possible. Just a thought. It's not like Eifert or Ertz are a lot bigger than Plax. If he can focus on blocking this offseason & camp could be an option or new thought.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Maybe they thought with a 1st, another 1st, two 2nds and and injured 3rd round pick was enough talent to compete the LB corps

does every spot on that unit need a high draft pick? Or can they get away with a later round guy to fill in
    ie.... Foote with farrior, deebo, Woodley

ie2. Olsalvsky with Greene Lloyd Kirkland
    +1

Get a mid-late Round pick to play alongside Timmons. There is a reason Steelers are paying Timmons 10 million/yr..

One just can't expect Rd 1 picks on ILB...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Vince Williams is a hell of a player...
    That's what I'm saying. Take him in the 6th or 7th. No need to over draft for a need.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

they passed on Khaseem Greene and took Landry Jones - adding more fuel to the fire of "is Spence coming along nicely"..

but, Vince would be a nice addition. nice call!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington