Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers select RB Le'Veon Bell in Round 2

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He's a good blocker too which should help in his transition to the NFL, and we could use all the blocking we can get to protect Big Ben.

Rookie

User Info Menu

ohio state fan here,had a average 2012 season,but go to youtube and watch the 2011 outback bowl,and tell me your not happy after watching that!!!think not having a qb last year hurt him!!!! I love this pick,get who u want when u can get them!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    interesting, selected Bell over Eddie Lacy...
    No one believes me when I say Bell just might best the best back in this draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Shawn, I believe you.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Stephen Jackson believes you.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets trade Bell for Stephen Jackson!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I keep repeating myself, I'm happy we got Bell...but could have gotten him in the third. Blount and Jackson comparisons? **** yeah!!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell emerging as best running back in 2013 NFL Draft

By Bucky Brooks
    Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network
    March 4, 2013

Shhhh!

I'm about to let you in on a little secret that is circulating through scouting circles following the NFL Scouting Combine: Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell is the best running back in the 2013 NFL Draft, and it's not even close.

Now, I know that statement certainly will cause some consternation among the legions of Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball and Giovani Bernard supporters, but there is not a more complete back in this draft than Bell. Checking in at 6-foot-1 3/8 and 230 pounds, Bell is an old-school runner with the size and strength to grind between the tackles, yet he's quick enough to get to the edge on perimeter runs. Moreover, he is a dependable workhorse capable of shouldering a heavy workload as the primary runner.

As a junior, Bell was the Michigan State offense, rushing for 1,793 yards and 12 touchdowns. He accomplished those totals on 382 rushing attempts, with seven games of at least 30 carries. Some evaluators will view the heavy workload as a concern, due to the short shelf life of running backs. But I believe the fact that Bell carried the ball extensively without incident suggests he is not only durable, but also possesses the hard-nosed mentality to be a feature back as a pro.

Bell is also a dependable receiver out of the backfield, possessing the hands and receiving skills to be an integral part of a complex passing game. Over the past two seasons, he snagged 67 receptions, showing the capacity to run basic routes from his tailback spot. Although he is not a matchup nightmare in space, the fact that he is functional as a receiver will allow an offensive coordinator to keep him on the field in every situation, preventing opponents from honing in on the running game when Bell is in the huddle.

When I broke down the game tape, I came away viewing Bell as a Steven Jackson clone. Bell not only runs with a similar gait, but he displays the patience and vision to excel in a zone-based scheme. Bell's ability to read and set up his blocks at the line of scrimmage routinely leads to big gains when plays are executed properly. Additionally, Bell displays the ability to put together a sequence of cuts beyond the line of scrimmage. From multiple jump cuts to crafty spin moves in the open field, Bell's ability to make defenders miss at his size is quite rare. With Bell more than capable of running through contact, gaining 951 yards after contact in 2012, it is not surprising he has become a favorite of scouts and coaches around the league.

Now, that's not to say Bell is without flaws. He doesn't show explosive first-step quickness, and some scouts worry about his overall toughness, despite the remarkable production. In fact, one AFC official told me he wonders if Bell views himself as a "dancer," rather than a pounder with the ball in his hands. Regardless, I believe Bell is an impact runner with the skills to make a difference in the right offensive system.

[URL]http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/30/4159550/the-broncos-set-up-private-meeting-with-rb-leveon-bell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't have a problem with the pick if it was in the 3rd round. Especially with Arthur Brown still on the board....and he ends up in Baltimore.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I had read that the Steelers have had their eyes on Bell quite a while and had him checked out thoroughly. Surprised Lacey was still their but obviously he wasn't as high on the Steelers list. Lacey was running behind a bunch of studs at Bama so time will tell. Maybe not a popular pick but Bell makes the Steelers a better team in my opinion. Now if we can get Bailey from WVU with the 3rd pick I will be pleased.