Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign RB LaRod Stephens-Howling

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign RB LaRod Stephens-Howling

Steelers sign LaRod Stephens-Howling

April 26, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed free agent running back LaRod Stephens-Howling.

Steelers agreed to terms on 1yr deal with RB LaRod Stephens-Howling

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 26, 2013

I wonder if this will keep the Steelers from signing Ahmad Bradshaw, who’s been cleared to resume football activity.

[URL]http://profootballzone.com/nfl/steelers-sign-larod-stephens-howling/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+ProFootballZone+(Pro+Football+Zone)[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Odd. Why now? Why not wait until the draft is complete?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Odd. Why now? Why not wait until the draft is complete?
    maybe the Steelers used the draft as leverage by telling Howlings he needed to accept their offer before they drafted today or they would pull their offer off the table?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

dammit... was hoping to see this announcement about Ahmad Bradshaw

Then again, different roles.... howlings is there to replace Rainey...

I could see LeVeon Bell being seriously considered in the 3rd... (hopefully not 2nd)
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 04-26-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    maybe the Steelers used the draft as leverage by telling Howlings he needed to accept their offer before they drafted today or they would pull their offer off the table?
    As I think about it a bit more, there could be a ton of reasons why they did it. Very interesting though. Cannot remember the Steelers doing anything like this in the past.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He'll be used more in the return game, and as a change up for Haley's committee I suppose

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    dammit... was hoping to see this announcement about Ahmad Bradshaw
    Steelers agree to deal with La’Rod Stephens-Howling

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 26, 2013

The Steelers have brought another local product home.

According to Jason LaCanfora of CBSSports.com, the Steelers have agreed to a one-year deal with former Cardinals running back La’Rod Stephens-Howling.

Stephens-Howling is a capable third-down back and return man, who adds a different element to the Steelers current stable of big backs.

The University of Pittsburgh product, who visited earlier this month, joins Pittsburgh-native Bruce Gradkowski, who signed earlier this offseason to back up Ben Roethlisberger.

They’re also still talking to Ahmad Bradshaw, who was just cleared medically.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/steelers-agree-to-deal-with-larod-stephens-howling/[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

This will change nothing in regards to the Steelers need at RB.

Backup

User Info Menu

See ya later, Batch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    They’re also still talking to Ahmad Bradshaw, who was just cleared medically.
    Suh-weet!!

This morning when I saw he was cleared, I thought, "it'd be pretty sweet if they signed him TODAY and made this draft a LOT easier. That's one position that could be removed from the need list."

I think Bradshaw's demand goes UP after the draft... when teams figure which of them got a RB they like.. the ones that didn't willl be willing to pay more.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville