Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Round Mocks

Legend

User Info Menu

Second Round Mocks

Here are a few from ESPN:

This one has the Steelers taking Swearinger, with Minter, Arthur Brown, John Banks and Sio Moore, among others, still on the board. Hunter, Allen, Ertz and Woods all off the board.

[URL]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9213781/2013-nfl-draft-scouts-inc-second-round-mock-draft[/URL]

Kiper also has Swearinger. Brown is off the board, and Sio Moore, Allen, Minter and Hankins are still available.

There are going to be plenty of good players available when the Steelers pick in round 2, especially if the QBs start to come off the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

And PFT has the Steelers selecting Te'o:

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/round-two-mock-draft/[/URL]

Ugh. I'd prefer Minter, Arthur Brown, Keenan Allen, and a host of others over Te'o.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    And PFT has the Steelers selecting Te'o:

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/round-two-mock-draft/[/URL]

Ugh. I'd prefer Minter, Arthur Brown, Keenan Allen, and a host of others over Te'o.
    I would prefer Minter or Woods or Sio.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

It has to be offense. We won't win by trying to kep others from scoring if we can't ourselves. Next two picks have to be offense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hard to say. It could be WR, LB, S or RB! Do they go with the highest rated player again regardless of those positions of need?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Hard to say. It could be WR, LB, S or RB! Do they go with the highest rated player again regardless of those positions of need?
    I would go with BPA. Even if the Steelers don't draft an offensive player in the second, they could draft a ILB or S and then follow that with a RB and WR in the third and fourth, or sign Bradshaw.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don"t think it has to be offense at all. Still think Bradshaw is on there radar. And Steve breaston also probably is. Our WR core would be fine with Brown Sanders Cothery Breaston and Buress. Wonder if they would line Buress up in Heath"s spot when Heath is not kept in as a blocker and they split him out? Until Heath gets back healthy that is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It has to be offense. We won't win by trying to kep others from scoring if we can't ourselves. Next two picks have to be offense.
    No it doesn't. It has to be best player rated on the board. Cornering yourself into a certain side of the ball or position is where mistakes happen. Take best player you have rated on the board.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    No it doesn't. It has to be best player rated on the board. Cornering yourself into a certain side of the ball or position is where mistakes happen. Take best player you have rated on the board.
    I would crap bricks if we can land Sio Moore in the 2nd.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Arthur Brown, Keenan Allen, Kevin Minter, Jonathan Banks, Eddie Lacey or Zach Ertz would be good by me in no particular order. You have figure Brown and Allen are gone in the first four picks of the second round. Of course, with all the chaos in the first round, maybe teams will go after guys they still have rated as round one grades that didn't get picked. Arthur Brown would be sweet working with Timmons. Allen or Ertz gives Ben a nice target, hopefully Banks could play nickle and Gay can stay put on the sidelines and used in a pinch, Lacey fills a need and Minter would be sweet as well patrolling the middle for the Steelers.

They should get a really good football player at 1.48.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount