Thread: Jarvis Jones Press Conference

Legend

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones Press Conference

Not sure if anyone has watched it, but the poor bugger was obviously nervous & was sweating bullets...

BUT....

He really does come across as a genuine, level headed guy. Steelers often say they value character, and in that brief moment of his life, Jones certainly looked like a good fit, character-wise.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers may have went out of their way to grab character guys over talent. Just seems like it is reflected in the picks so far compared to what talent was on the board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Saw an interview with him where he was a lot more relaxed. My favorite quote was when he was talking about having a bead on a quarterback - "I just sprint right through him and hit him as hard as I can."

I love this kid. He's got such a calm and nice disposition. And I have no idea how anyone could question his work ethic. I've now heard he talking multiple times about the mental side of the game and preparing and watching tape. His decision making seems very mature for a college kid. He talked about being so good because he was always prepared and always knew what the other team was doing. Said he pays attention to the personnel on the field, the formation, the QB demeanor, the way linemen are in their stance, the center tendencies looking for the snap count and on and on.

Said he always knows what the offense is gonna do. And preparing and studying is the most important part of his game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers may have went out of their way to grab character guys over talent. Just seems like it is reflected in the picks so far compared to what talent was on the board.
    Who do you think was more talented that was still on the board when we picked Jones? Tomlin said they had 6 - 8 players that if any of those got to the Steelers we would have selected one of them. Jones was in that group.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Jones is premier player I can't wait to watch him get after qb

Legend

User Info Menu

The new guy #JarvisJones getting his #PrimantiBros on!

[URL]https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Primantibros&src=hash[/URL]

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    The new guy #JarvisJones getting his #PrimantiBros on!

[URL="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Primantibros&src=hash"]https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Primantibros&src=hash[/URL]

That's awesome!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman gets the feeling Mr Jones is going to fit in well in Pittsburgh.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

I watched his clip on the steelers website. Seems to be an educated, down to earth young man. Should be a solid player, and represent the organization well.

With a high football IQ, maybe he will be able to play ILB also? That would only add to his value, given the lack of depth at that position.