Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahmad Bradshaw gets full medical clearance

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt we would sign Bradshaw. Stephens-Howling should get his touches... Adding Bradshaw basically takes Stephens-Howlings out of the picture, cuz Bradshaw brings the same things. Bell's our guy, Stephens-Howlings is our change-up, and Redman or Dwyer fills the 3rd RB role (the other one? Cut him.)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I doubt we would sign Bradshaw. Stephens-Howling should get his touches... Adding Bradshaw basically takes Stephens-Howlings out of the picture, cuz Bradshaw brings the same things. Bell's our guy, Stephens-Howlings is our change-up, and Redman or Dwyer fills the 3rd RB role (the other one? Cut him.)
    I agree with you Shoe. We don't need Bradshaw now. Redman is still our best goal line back so I would keep him. Dwyer still has some upside based on his performance last year so I would try and trade him but if we couldn't he would be a good backup for Bell for a relatively cheap price.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Unless we get better, more consistent blocking up front, the running game will continue to struggle, no matter who we put back there. Maybe the change to more of a ZBS will help with that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok...Bell breaks arm first game....we rely on Dwyer who had to come off the field after 2 carries, a goalline back, and Stevens Howling. Then we hear at years end the offense sucked and Haley should be fired.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't have to make a decision yet. Let's see what happens during camp and preseason. I bet Dwyer comes in the best shape of his life. And if he's in shape, he could still be better than Bell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We don't have to make a decision yet. Let's see what happens during camp and preseason. I bet Dwyer comes in the best shape of his life. And if he's in shape, he could still be better than Bell.
    Bell carried the ball 382 times last season for the Spartans without any injury issues, his durability is a plus. I don't see Dwyer having the same durability often looking for the oxygen and doubt he could duplicate the carries Le'veon had.