Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Jarvis Jones win the competition vs. Worlids for starter @ OLB

Backup

User Info Menu

Worilds is better at this point. I still think Worilds becomes a good player this year. Woodley is the problem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No because Worilds is much better than anyone wants to give him credit for. he will come to camp in shape and ready to compete. Can we say the same about Woodley?
    You nailed it that Woodley is probably the biggest question mark on the D. You have to hope that Woodley has pride because his contract makes it impossible to cut him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Jarvis Jones is the man the Steelers thought he would be ... He should beat out Worilds. I think it would be a negative any way you look at it if Jones doesn't beat out Worilds at some point in 2013. Would Worilds be playing that good or Jones struggling? Take it from there where 2014 comes in.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think he will push both Worilds and Woodley. Heck it would be great if Worilds could use the motivation and beat him out and become a great player. OLB is such an important position it would be great to have 3 really good guys at the position.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If Jarvis Jones is the man the Steelers thought he would be ... He should beat out Worilds. I think it would be a negative any way you look at it if Jones doesn't beat out Worilds at some point in 2013. Would Worilds be playing that good or Jones struggling? Take it from there where 2014 comes in.
    Troy Polamalu didn't beat out his guy as a rook... they all come along at their own pace...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

I will be the first one to say that he will be the week one starter. I believe that the team views Worilds much the same way as a guy like Foote or Gay. They would be fine with starting him if needed, but do not view him as the ROLB of the future. I see an open competition with the more talented player winning out.

In comparing them, Jones is seen as a top 10 talent who slid due to medical concerns. If those concerns don't come out in camp then they are not concerns for week one. Worilds is seen as a guy who the Steelers overdrafted in the second.

Worilds was a player who came in and had to learn the position. He has shown more on the other side than the right side. While Jones has never played under Lebeau, he was a big playmaker at 3-4 OLB. His transition should be easier than most rooks.

If Jones has no problems with the system then the more talented player should win out, and that is Jones.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Foote got injured in training camp or preseason.....could Worilds or even Woodley play inside?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

OLB JARVIS JONES GEORGIA SEC

DRAFTED BY: STEELERS ROUND1 PICK17 OVERALL 17

DRAFT ANALYSIS:

"He's a pretty good fit there in Pittsburgh. If you look at the Pittsburgh edge at linebackers, this kid fits from a body type and an explosion perspective. I think he'll get on the field and challenge Jason Worilds for the starting spot." -- Mike Mayock

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jarvis-jones?id=2540137[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    What if Worilds comes in and puts up 10+ sacks? What if Jones shows Woodley (ala 2007-4 sacks) like potential as a rookie. You don't think they let Woodley and that contract walk in 2014 if he stinks it up again?

We'll need Jones, Worilds, and Woodley to all play well to make the playoffs this year.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    What if Worilds comes in and puts up 10+ sacks? What if Jones shows Woodley (ala 2007-4 sacks) like potential as a rookie. You don't think they let Woodley and that contract walk in 2014 if he stinks it up again?

We'll need Jones, Worilds, and Woodley to all play well to make the playoffs this year.
    Depends on the cap hit which I think would be huge
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"