Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Jarvis Jones win the competition vs. Worlids for starter @ OLB

Legend

User Info Menu

If Worilds can stay healthy, he's turned into a beast. He huge like a DLineman, but explosive like Timmy. I don't see Jarvis beating him out. No chance.

You can call me crazy, but I think in the long term, the best pure pass rusher on our roster might be Robinson. I think long term you could have a rotation of Wood and World on the left and Jones and Robinson on the right. We now have depth in our pass rush.

Will DL actually rotate these guys? Or just let 2 guys play all the snaps?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steel50 View Post
    i also see worilds having a breakout year and making a name for his self
    I agree, as long as he stays healthy. But, that is a big question mark.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I find something interesting....Because I wasn't a Jones guy. What happened to all the "Jones will be a Day 1 starter" people? Nothing has changed on the roster besides Jones being drafted. You guys starting to question your proclamation?

Personally, based on what I saw on tape...Jones wouldn't be a starter this year. But I'm hoping I am wrong now that he is a Steeler. If he is that special, you would think he would make it a competition with Worilds. You would think he is viewed as special since KC made the selection. If he flops, I'm sure the Rooneys will bring up the red flags to KC on his exit interview. I'm also hoping Worilds & Woodley put up 10+ sacks each and makes the Steelers face some difficult decisions. I would rather have the Steelers winning SBs & having too many star OLBs than looking for another.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If Worilds can stay healthy, he's turned into a beast. He huge like a DLineman, but explosive like Timmy. I don't see Jarvis beating him out. No chance.

You can call me crazy, but I think in the long term, the best pure pass rusher on our roster might be Robinson. I think long term you could have a rotation of Wood and World on the left and Jones and Robinson on the right. We now have depth in our pass rush.

Will DL actually rotate these guys? Or just let 2 guys play all the snaps?
    Agree with you on all counts. We have seen that when healthy Worilds may be the best pass rusher we have. Health is the key.

IMO Robinson may be two years away but maybe with development a future Harrison...just too raw right now.

If Woodley doesn't have a double digit sack season this year he will play himself off this roster.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I find something interesting....Because I wasn't a Jones guy. What happened to all the "Jones will be a Day 1 starter" people? Nothing has changed on the roster besides Jones being drafted. You guys starting to question your proclamation?

Personally, based on what I saw on tape...Jones wouldn't be a starter this year. But I'm hoping I am wrong now that he is a Steeler. If he is that special, you would think he would make it a competition with Worilds. You would think he is viewed as special since KC made the selection. If he flops, I'm sure the Rooneys will bring up the red flags to KC on his exit interview. I'm also hoping Worilds & Woodley put up 10+ sacks each and makes the Steelers face some difficult decisions. I would rather have the Steelers winning SBs & having too many star OLBs than looking for another.
    If Worilds has double digits sacks (I think he will) and Woodley does too, who do you keep or consider letting go. IMO I let Woodley go or try to trade him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is something I mentioned above. Perhaps lock up Worilds before he hits FA in 2014 if he has a very good year. That would give him a low cap hit that year. Woodley would be at 13+ mil. Keep them both for 2014 because of the dead money. In 2015, Woodley is scheduled to make 14 mil and will be turning 31. If Jones has flashed...That may be the time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of you act like they wont find ways to get all three on the field. Trust me, we will see plenty of Jones by mid season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Some of you act like they wont find ways to get all three on the field. Trust me, we will see plenty of Jones by mid season.
    We will see plenty of him on ST. If someone gets injured we will see him at OLB or if someone needs a breather.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    We will see plenty of him on ST. If someone gets injured we will see him at OLB or if someone needs a breather.
    Not just that but specialty packages will be geared to get all three of them (if they are all three having a good year) on the field in specific situtations.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

IMO Robinson may be two years away but maybe with development a future Harrison...just too raw right now.
    I think they could put Robinson out there immediately on 3rd downs to rush the passer. He's relentless. His problem is he can't drop into coverage, cant contain, and can't play the run. I think he's another 1 trick pony. And that's not a bad thing if that's all he can do.

It's going to take a bunch of guys getting hurt and he'll come in and have 3 sacks and everyone will be surprised and it'll be a James Harrison like moment.